Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,180 covers and 55,277 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- 7-Year-Old Writes Comic Book to Empower Other Girls with Insecurities
- The Best Photos from the Week of Apr. 20- Apr. 26, 2015
- Powerboat Racer Who Allegedly Faked His Death to Avoid Criminal Charges Faces More Charges
- Liam Payne Says New One Direction Album Will Be 'Oasis-y,' Jokes the Band Is 'Already a Man Down'
- Spotted! Kate Out Driving as Royal Baby Buzz Grows
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- July 15, 1996
- Vol. 46
- No. 3
Chicago Ninth Grader Ayinde Jean-Baptiste Wows Audiences with His Fiery, You-Can-Do-It Message
The Whitney Young High School ninth grader, one of the country's youngest orators, first took the stage at age 4, when he recited an excerpt from a Martin Luther King speech at his Westside Preparatory School. His spirited delivery led to invitations to speak at local churches, and Ayinde now gives some 25 speeches a year (usually for an honorarium) at schools, drug-treatment centers and churches nationwide—not to mention at last October's Million Man March, where he urged fathers "to take responsibility" for their families. His commanding cadences have caused him to be compared with Jesse Jackson, who calls Ayinde "a rare jewel in our nation." Parents Lionel, a Haitian-born lawyer, and Lenore, a software consultant from Trinidad, both 40, have stressed education to their straight-A son and his sister Aisha, 19, a student at Chicago's Northeastern University (Lionel's older son, Lionel Jr., is a musician), and Ayinde clearly knows how to stir ambition in others. "He's accomplishing what he wants to," says Latoya Washington, 11, who heard him speak at Malcolm X College. "That makes me think, hey, I could do the same thing."
April 28, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!