Archive Page - 08/16/13 40 years, 2,169 covers and 54,876 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Casey Wilson 'Really, Really Excited' to Be Expecting First Child
- The Best Photos from the Week of Dec. 15- Dec. 21, 2014
- Nearly 30 Years After Brutal Killing, Authorities Reopen Cold Case of Denise Porter
- North Korea Experiences Severe Internet Outages Following Sony Cyber Attack
- From EW: J.K. Rowling Finally Gives Harry Potter Fans What They Want
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Monday December 22, 2014 07:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- July 15, 1996
- Vol. 46
- No. 3
At Reel Clothes, Elaine Vollmer and Holly Haber Sell Hollywood Finery to the Seriously Starstruck
Vollmer, a former secretary at CBS, and Haber, an actress who worked as a stand-in for both Ricky Schroder on Silver Spoons and TV's Alf (a physical resemblance isn't required), gathered their 40,000-piece inventory on consignment from studios and production companies. "It's one less thing for the studios to worry about," says Haber. The 15-year-old shop succeeds, says Lynn Bernay, a costume designer, because it "makes everyone feel like a star," whether the purchase is simple ($25 stockings meant for Jennifer Aniston in a failed TV pilot) or snazzy (a $7000 TV-movie replica of Princess Di's wedding gown, the store's most expensive item).
Despite their success, Vollmer, who lives in Studio City with her third husband, Jimmy, a retired maître d', and Haber, who resides in Sherman Oaks with husband Lennard Billin, a media analyst, still enjoy the thrill of the hunt. Their latest find? Several toupees worn by John Wayne in 1967's The War Wagon. "They'll fly out the door," says Vollmer. Figuratively speaking, of course.
December 22, 2014
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!