Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,187 covers and 55,435 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- If All You Want for Christmas Is a Mariah Carey Holiday Movie, You're in Luck!
- Read the Cover Story: The Bachelorette's Kaitlyn and Shawn 'It Was Love At First Sight!'
- Find Out the Romantic Thing The Bachelorette's Shawn Did with All His Roses from Kaitlyn
- Bachelorette Runner-Up Nick Viall Has Cozy Night Out with Mystery Brunette
- It's a Boy for Sons of Anarchy's Timothy V. Murphy
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- July 15, 1996
- Vol. 46
- No. 3
At Reel Clothes, Elaine Vollmer and Holly Haber Sell Hollywood Finery to the Seriously Starstruck
Vollmer, a former secretary at CBS, and Haber, an actress who worked as a stand-in for both Ricky Schroder on Silver Spoons and TV's Alf (a physical resemblance isn't required), gathered their 40,000-piece inventory on consignment from studios and production companies. "It's one less thing for the studios to worry about," says Haber. The 15-year-old shop succeeds, says Lynn Bernay, a costume designer, because it "makes everyone feel like a star," whether the purchase is simple ($25 stockings meant for Jennifer Aniston in a failed TV pilot) or snazzy (a $7000 TV-movie replica of Princess Di's wedding gown, the store's most expensive item).
Despite their success, Vollmer, who lives in Studio City with her third husband, Jimmy, a retired maître d', and Haber, who resides in Sherman Oaks with husband Lennard Billin, a media analyst, still enjoy the thrill of the hunt. Their latest find? Several toupees worn by John Wayne in 1967's The War Wagon. "They'll fly out the door," says Vollmer. Figuratively speaking, of course.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!