Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- We Tried It: The Pilates Class Responsible for Vanessa Hudgens' Incredible Abs
- Read the Cover Story: Adele’s Triumphant Return: How Love Changed Her Life
- Crown Princess Mary and Danish Royal Family Announce They'll Ditch Nordic Christmas for Holidays Down Under
- Dog Who Gobbled Up 10 Batteries Saved with Emergency Surgery
- How 2 Women Became Friends After Bonding at IVF Clinic – and Ended up Giving Birth to Siblings
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- August 19, 1996
- Vol. 46
- No. 8
McMurran's pick this week comes from Tipper Gore, the wife of the Vice President. Her new book, picture this: A Visual Diary (see page 101), is a collection of lively and intimate photos she has taken since the 1992 presidential campaign. Before she saw the galleys, "I knew nothing about Mrs. Gore's talents," says McMurran, who soon discovered that she and Gore both began their careers as photographers: McMurran at the publisher Editions Flammarion in Paris, Gore on the Nashville Tennessean. "I was struck by the anecdotal quality of her work," says McMurran, "as well as the warm, candid shots of her family."
Excerpting probably amounts to half the job for McMurran, a Los Angeles native who now lives near New York City's Central Park with her husband, Bill Ewald, a former senior editor at TIME, and their 3½-year-old son, Jake. She also selects the books PEOPLE reviews and the authors we profile, as well as doing monthly on-air reviews for CNN. With all this experience, is McMurran ready to write a book of her own? "Never," she says. "There would have to be more than 24 hours in a day. I'd rather spend the time reading to my son."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!