Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- FROM EW: Jon Favreau to Direct a New Adaptation of The Lion King
- Read the Cover Story: Brad & Angelina Split After 12 Years: It's Over
- WATCH: Usain Bolt Races James Corden and Owen Wilson in Hilarious Parking Lot Sprint (You Can Probably Guess Who Won)
- Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado Speaks Out After Donald Trump Continues to Attack Her Weight: 'It's a Really Bad Dream for Me'
- WATCH: Kate Hudson Says Working with Kurt Russell Reminded Her Why She Fell in Love with Making Movies
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- August 19, 1996
- Vol. 46
- No. 8
Gwyneth Paltrow Brings Emma—and Brad Pitt—to the White House
As Silverstone's Clueless character would say: As if!
The night was a kind of crowning achievement for Paltrow, who at 23 not only has Pitt, 32, but also glowing reviews for Emma, a comedy in which she plays an upper-class, 19th-century Englishwoman who can't stop meddling in the love lives of her neighbors. Still, the daughter of actress Blythe Danner and TV producer and director Bruce Paltrow (St. Elsewhere) seemed awed by the presidential screening. Arriving by limo at the East Gate at 7 p.m., Paltrow didn't hide her feelings. "I've been to D.C.," she gushed as she stepped toward the White House in a black Calvin Klein suit, "but never like this." As for Pitt—just back from Ireland, where he was shooting The Devil's Own—he wore a tie, along with scraggly beard and a dark-blue, fashionably rumpled jacket. After cocktails, the screening and an hour of post-movie schmoozing with 50 other guests, he did seem impressed. "I was thrilled," Pitt said. "It was the experience of a lifetime."
Paltrow told PEOPLE, "It's the first movie I've done that I've been honestly thrilled by." And the presidential reaction? "He loved it," she says. Which didn't surprise Pitt in the slightest. "Obviously," he says, "I'm proud of her."
September 28, 2016
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!