Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,180 covers and 55,277 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Did Tyga Get a Tattoo for Kylie Jenner?
- The Style Top 5: Gigi Hadid Shares Her Beauty Don'ts, Blake Lively's Million Dollar Style Week and More
- Ice Dancers Charlie White and Tanith Belbin Say 'I Do'
- Watch 4-Year-Old Heaven King Do the Nae Nae with Her Own Tiny Dance Crew (VIDEO)
- Bruce Jenner Is on a 'Mission' to Help People Who Face Discrimination: Source
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- August 19, 1996
- Vol. 46
- No. 8
Gwyneth Paltrow Brings Emma—and Brad Pitt—to the White House
As Silverstone's Clueless character would say: As if!
The night was a kind of crowning achievement for Paltrow, who at 23 not only has Pitt, 32, but also glowing reviews for Emma, a comedy in which she plays an upper-class, 19th-century Englishwoman who can't stop meddling in the love lives of her neighbors. Still, the daughter of actress Blythe Danner and TV producer and director Bruce Paltrow (St. Elsewhere) seemed awed by the presidential screening. Arriving by limo at the East Gate at 7 p.m., Paltrow didn't hide her feelings. "I've been to D.C.," she gushed as she stepped toward the White House in a black Calvin Klein suit, "but never like this." As for Pitt—just back from Ireland, where he was shooting The Devil's Own—he wore a tie, along with scraggly beard and a dark-blue, fashionably rumpled jacket. After cocktails, the screening and an hour of post-movie schmoozing with 50 other guests, he did seem impressed. "I was thrilled," Pitt said. "It was the experience of a lifetime."
Paltrow told PEOPLE, "It's the first movie I've done that I've been honestly thrilled by." And the presidential reaction? "He loved it," she says. Which didn't surprise Pitt in the slightest. "Obviously," he says, "I'm proud of her."
April 25, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!