Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- 'I'm Not Worried About Him': Malika Haqq Says Rob Kardashian Is 'Going Through His Vibe' and Has the 'Most Support'
- Read the Cover Story: Amy Duggar King: I'm Doing It My Way
- Go Inside Rick Ross's Opulent 109-Room Home Including His Over-the-Top Shoe Closet
- Celebrate Zsa Zsa Gabor's 99th Birthday with 9 of Her Most Outrageous Stories
- Score Big Points at Your Super Bowl Party with These Buffalo Chicken Poppers
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- September 23, 1996
- Vol. 46
- No. 13
The Emmys Heat Up
With 94 Degrees of Perspiration, TV's Finest Sweat It Out in Their Finery
Once indoors, though, the stars kept their cool with winners and losers alike displaying an abundance of old-fashioned elegance. The men stuck to basic black, while the women shimmered in slinky dresses (Seinfeld's Julia Louis-Dreyfus in a clingy Armani), pin-curls (The X-Files's Gillian Anderson) and blindingly big baubles (borrowed, of course). "There's a burly man waiting for me outside," said Caroline in the City's Lea Thompson of the bodyguard. who was hired to protect her Van Cleef & Arpels diamonds, valued at $300,000. But despite the Oscar-size élan, restraint prevailed when it came to time: The event clocked in right on schedule at a mere three hours. Even at many of the after-show soirees, celebs cut out early after sipping champagne and chowing down on salmon. "I held up really well," said a relieved James McDaniel of NYPD Blue at night's end. "No fanny fatigue at all."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!