Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,180 covers and 55,277 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- RHOA Reunion: Did Apollo Ever Get Physical with Phaedra?
- The Style Top 5: Gigi Hadid Shares Her Beauty Don'ts, Blake Lively's Million Dollar Style Week and More
- Daytime Emmys Awards 2015: And the Winners Are ...
- Game of Thrones Recap: 'High Sparrow'
- KUWTK: Rob Says Scott's Drunken Antics Have Him Acting 'Crazy'
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- September 23, 1996
- Vol. 46
- No. 13
Kathrine Baumann's Glittery Purses Get People Talking
Good thing many of her clients—including Melanie Griffith, Elizabeth Taylor and the Sultan of Brunei (he buys in bulk for his entourage)—are used to attention. Armed with a tongue-in-chic attitude, Baumann—a 1969 Miss America runnerup from Ohio and an ex-actress whose résumé includes Fantasy Island—has for the past two years created glittery, hand-beaded bags based on pop icons like Tweety Bird, Betty Boop and Coke bottles (after entering into licensing agreements, of course). This year, Baumann, who lives in West Hollywood with husband Victor Weber, 52, a business investor, will bag $1.5 million in sales.
Part of the sacks' appeal, says Jo Ann Bolduc, who manages the Giorgio Beverly Hills boutique, is that "you can carry them to a black-tie affair or wear them with jeans. They are definitely conversation pieces." Ask Barbara Walters, who carries a Minnie to tweak her new bosses: "Since Disney took over ABC," she says, "I've found it very amusing."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!