Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Bristol Palin Brings Baby Sailor to Work Following Her One-Month Maternity Leave
- Read the Cover Story: Amy Duggar King: I'm Doing It My Way
- Family Resemblance! Kim Kardashian West Jokes That Baby Saint Is Cute Because 'He Looks Just Like Me'
- Hung Jury Sets Stage for Retrial of Former Golden Boy Curtis Lovelace, Charged with Murder of Wife Cory
- See Prince George and Princess Charlotte's New Teddy Bears – and Their Touching Message
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- September 30, 1996
- Vol. 46
- No. 14
Bearing His Name
Alabama Football Coach Paul Bryant's Legend Lives On, Thanks to Zealous—and Prolific—Fans
"I don't think he would have expected this," marveled Paul Bryant Jr., the coach's 51-year-old son, who is a Tuscaloosa businessman and the first among junior Bears. The trend started early—"[Parents] would send him pictures. I know it made Papa proud," says Bryant Jr.—and surged when Bryant passed away five weeks after retiring.
The assembled Bears ate wieners and beans and heard their parents talk fondly of the man who had led the Crimson Tide to six national championships. "You hate to say you idolize somebody, but I did idolize Coach Bryant," says Carroll Gulledge, a 49-year-old insurance agent and high school teacher from Dadeville, Ala., who named his son William Bryant Gulledge in 1991. "He was a winner when Alabama didn't have any winners." Noted drama teacher Paul Bryant Crook, 27, describing people's reaction to learning his full name: "The response ranges from 'Oh, wow, that's great!' to 'Your parents must be maniacs.' "
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!