Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,172 covers and 54,888 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Julianna Margulies 'Flattered' Michelle Obama Wore Her Good Wife Dress
- The Style Top 5: A Look at a Sexy New Jeans Ad (Starring Adrian Grenier)
Kendall Jenner's Makeup Secret & More
- Orange Is the New Black's Matt McGorry Is the SAGs' Adorable Social Media Ambassador
- Baby Boy on the Way for Reid Scott
- Why Is Eddie Redmayne Walking the SAG Awards Carpet Solo?
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Sunday January 25, 2015 07:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- September 30, 1996
- Vol. 46
- No. 14
Anne Geddes Does Wonders with Minor Models and a Fertile Imagination
For 15 years, Geddes has taken pictures of babies as angels, babies as ladybugs, babies as sleepy-looking little birds. Yet even though some 11 million Geddes products—calendars, posters, greeting cards—have been sold worldwide, her artistry remains forever in its infancy. This month she published her first coffee-table book, Down in the Garden, which features a fresh batch of babies decked out as flora and fauna.
Why babies? "They're accessible, and they are all beautiful," says the photographer, herself the mother of two young daughters (their father, Geddes's husband, Kel, 49, helps manage her business). Her secrets of success are meticulous preparation and endless patience. "With a 6-month-old you have 20 minutes of attention, so when we bring a baby into the studio, everything is ready," says Geddes, who often gets her shot after the infant has dozed off. "Holding a baby and waiting for it to go to sleep might be pressure," she admits, "but it's a nice kind of pressure."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!