Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Jessica Simpson Throws Her Son Ace Knute a Dinosaur-Themed 3rd Birthday Party
- Read the Cover Story: Mystery in Idaho: Little Boy Lost
- Navy Seal Killed While Using Autopilot in Self-Driving Tesla Vehicle
- WATCH: Brian Justin Crum Hopes to 'Inspire the LGBT Youth' After Wowing America's Got Talent Judges with His Powerful Voice
- Adnan Syed's Younger Brother Says, 'We've Waited 20 Years for Justice' After New Trial Ordered
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- November 18, 1996
- Vol. 46
- No. 21
From Here to Paternity
Michael Jackson Says That He and An Old Friend Are Expecting
Fatherhood has been on Jackson's mind of late, replacing such previous fascinations as the Elephant Man and Bubbles the chimp. A year after he married Lisa Marie Presley in 1994, he announced on PrimeTime Live that he wanted to start a family. That plan ended when he and Presley split in January, but rudimentary math suggests he wasted little time in settling on Plan B.
Until last week, few outside of Jackson's circle had heard of Rowe, 37. She graduated from Hollywood High in 1977, married a teacher there in 1982 and was divorced from him eight years later. She lives in a modest, one-bedroom apartment in Van Nuys, Calif., and rides a Harley-Davidson. "She is very kind," says a former patient, "professional, caring and calm."
Rowe has also been a friend to Jackson since she met him more than a decade ago in the offices of Dr. Arnold Klein, who has treated Jackson for vitiligo, a disease that causes the loss of skin pigment. Last April she accompanied Jackson to a Pasadena, Calif., performance of the musical Sisterella, which he had coproduced. Reports that the superstar paid Rowe to carry his child are denied by Jackson. How will the notoriously germophobic singer cope with baby drool and dirty diapers? His pal and Sony exec Larry Green-berg isn't worried. "He'll make an excellent father," says Greenberg. "He is the most honest, caring individual I've ever met"—and the only one with a Ferris wheel on the front lawn.
KAREN S. SCHNEIDER
MONICA RIZZO in Los Angeles
- Monica Rizzo.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!