Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,187 covers and 55,435 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Zoë Saldana Shows Off Her Incredible Abs in Gym Selfie: 'Mommies We Can All Do It'
- Read the Cover Story: The Bachelorette's Kaitlyn and Shawn 'It Was Love At First Sight!'
- Utah Widow of Five Starts a Summer Camp to Help Children Cope with the Loss of a Parent
- Prince George's Guide to Norfolk! Inside the Royal Toddler's Favorite Spots
- FROM SI: Beijing Awarded 2022 Winter Olympics
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- November 18, 1996
- Vol. 46
- No. 21
Jfk Jr. and Carolyn Go Public for Art's Sake
No small task, that. From the moment she stepped out of a chauffeured car with the sexiest spouse alive, the elegant Carolyn was besieged. Waiting for her at the museum's entrance were paparazzi including Ron Galella, the cameraman Jackie O once took to court. Dressed in a slim Prada coat and simple calf-length gown (both black), Bessette Kennedy, 30, gripped the hand of her 35-year-old hubby while flashes exploded in their wake.
Inside, where such patrons as architect Richard Meier and a showbiz stray or two (like actress Liv Tyler) chatted over roast chicken, Carolyn made confident small talk with other guests and, at the center table, threw an arm across the back of John's chair. "She's very sexy, nice and cool," said a guest who schmoozed with her. Added cosmetics mogul Leonard Lauder: "John was worried she would be over-whelmed, but she's a pro."
Though some sniped about her dress ("She doesn't look any different than 27 other blondes in this room," shrugged designer Arnold Scaasi), most had only praise. "She's very elegant," said designer Miuccia Prada. JFK Jr. seemed firmly in her thrall. When the evening ended, he dived to fetch the purse that slipped to the floor. "He crawled underneath the table," purred Lauder's wife, Evelyn. "How gallant."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!