Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- 3 Dead, 9 Injured in Colorado Springs Planned Parenthood Shooting; Suspect Identified and in Custody
- Read the Cover Story: Adele’s Triumphant Return: How Love Changed Her Life
- Left with a Thanksgiving Mess? Let These Hollywood Hotties Clean Up for You
- VIDEO: Watch Heavyweight Champ Wladimir Klitschko's Pre-Fight Serenade to 'Wind Beneath My Wings'
- Selena Gomez on the Difficulties of Dating: 'I Would Love to Date Older Guys' But 'I Look 16'
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- November 18, 1996
- Vol. 46
- No. 21
This Old Cat House
At Bob Walker and Frances Mooney's Home, Everything Is Cat-Friendly and Feline Groovy
"It's been a great excuse to buy a lot of neat tools," says Walker, 47, whose new photo book The Cats' House shows how the couple's 1,500-square-foot home became a fantasyland for their nine felines (Jimmy, Jerry, Bernard, Denise, Frank, Molly, Louise, Charlotte and TomCat). That's 81 lives' worth of dashing through ceiling-height cat holes and dangling from 110 feet of walkways, all at least 7 feet high. "Cats," notes Walker, "just love to look down at people."
Co-owners of a picture-framing business, Walker and Mooney, 45, his wife of 23 years, moved into their hilltop home in 1986 and have labored on cat-friendly additions ever since, from the scratching post to the clubhouse—formerly shelf space atop the master-bedroom closet. "It's a place where the cats can let their fur down," says Walker. "No mice allowed."
The couple, who have no children, rely on air niters and humidifiers to take care of odors, while Mooney, allergic to cats, stocks up on Primatene Mist. A backyard feline theme park is next on the agenda, but don't think these two don't know when to quit. "I have a friend with 15 cats," Mooney says. "That's a bit much."
SCOTT LA FEE in San Diego
- Scott La Fee.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!