Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,180 covers and 55,277 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Not Even Chrissy Teigen Could Score This at the White House Correspondents' Dinner
- The Style Top 5: Gigi Hadid Shares Her Beauty Don'ts, Blake Lively's Million Dollar Style Week and More
- Cecily Strong Goes in for Hillary Clinton – and Bill – at the White House Correspondents' Dinner
- The Best Lines from Barack Obama's Speech at the White House Correspondent's Dinner
- Michelle Obama Embraces Her Inner Disco Queen at the WHCD
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- December 02, 1996
- Vol. 46
- No. 23
ER's Sherry Stringfield Once Again Quits a Hit
Her exit "has been in the works all season," says one ER insider. "She did not like the fame. She's a very shy person." Adds ex-beau Paul Goldstein, 41, chairman of Nevica skiwear: "Millions of people would give their right leg not just to have her salary but her lifestyle. She just wanted a normal lifestyle."
She may get it. In return for releasing her from her five-year contract, Warner Bros., which produces ER, has required Stringfield to agree not to appear in another TV series for 2½ years nor to do any movies without the studio's permission. Planning to return to New York City, where her current love interest, banking executive Odell Lambroza, lives, Stringfield may teach drama at her alma mater, the State University of New York at Purchase College. "We'd love to have her," says Israel Hicks, dean of the Conservatory of Theatre Arts and Film.
And what about ER? Dr. Lewis's final scene, with Dr. Mark Greene (Anthony Edwards) declaring his love, left open the possibility that String-field might return someday. "We all love and adore her," says one cast member. "Everyone is sorry to see her leave."
April 25, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!