Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Girls Just Wanna Be Blonde: See Karlie Kloss and Kristin Cavallari's Hair Color Updates
- Read the Cover Story: George Turns 3: The Preschool Prince!
- Why Stars Are Immune to the Heat Dome: A Deep Style Investigation
- Kendall Jenner Goes Grease While the Rest of Her Family Dresses to Impress for a Day at the Races
- WATCH: Welcome Back to the Creep Show, Mama Monsters! See Lady Gaga in AHS Season 6 Teaser
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- December 02, 1996
- Vol. 46
- No. 23
Smile When You Say That
Laughter Was Not Alien on the Spacey Set on Star Trek: First Contact
That was the scene one day last spring, anyway, at Paramount's Hollywood studios, where the stars of Star Trek: First Contact found themselves facing a sneak attack...of the giggles. Michael Dorn, who plays the usually fierce Lieutenant Commander Worf, trembled like jelly after Patrick Stewart, the starship's starchy Capt. Jean-Luc Picard, accidentally interrupted the Klingon mid-sentence. Cut! Later, between takes, Dorn and Jonathan Frakes (Comdr. Will Riker) wrapped Stewart in a mock stranglehold.
"Sure, there's a little zaniness on the set," says Frakes, who is also making his big-screen debut as a director, "but it brings an energy to the set that we can put onscreen." Judging by the finished product, which opened Nov. 22, that spirit apparently infected Trek's special-effects team as well. The result: mind-Borgling!
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!