Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,189 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- John Krasinski and Emily Blunt Want to Give Daughter Hazel a Sibling: 'We've Got to Give Her Some Competition at Some Point'
- Read the Cover Story: Meet the American Heroes Who Stopped French Train Attack
- Sarah Palin Interviews Donald Trump as They Express Their Admiration for One Another
- Sheriff's Deputy Shot and Killed at Texas Gas Station
- Andy Samberg Predicts Bryan Cranston Will Streak at Emmys in New Promo
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- December 09, 1996
- Vol. 46
- No. 24
Homicide's Melissa Leo Charges John Heard with Stalking Their Son
According to the complaint filed by Leo, 36, and her boyfriend, ski instructor John Russell, 42, Heard has been parking across the street from Jack's private school since September and watching his son through binoculars. Russell, who also filed an assault charge against Heard, said he approached the actor on Nov. 11 and told him that the custody agreement between Heard and Leo prohibited him from being near the school. In response, Heard "struck me three times in the chest and neck," said Russell. The couple also accused Heard of peering into the windows of their house and leaving threatening messages on their answering machine.
The actor—who lives in New York City but has an apartment in Baltimore—surrendered to police Nov. 19, was released after posting a $50,000 bond and is to appear for trial Dec. 17. He refused to comment, but his mother, Helen Heard, of Chevy Chase, Md., says, "There's no truth in any of this. I've never known any man to make such an effort to see his child. But he wasn't stalking. He wasn't peeking in windows. She just makes these things up."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!