Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,180 covers and 55,278 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Daniel Craig Is the Ultimate Action Hero in New James Bond Spectre Trailer
- Read the Cover Story: At Home with Britney Spears and Her Boys!
- Taraji P. Henson Apologizes for Accusing Police of Racially Profiling Her Son
- Heroes Among Us: After a Tragic Loss, Man Gives Sick Kids the Gift of Music
- Sam Worthington and Lara Bingle Welcome a Son
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- January 13, 1997
- Vol. 47
- No. 1
Dish Out of Water
Leaving Behind An Impressive Body of Work, Pamela Anderson Lee Says Bye-Bye, Baywatch
Shooting had wrapped for the current season, and surprised Baywatch producers expressed regret at Lee's departure. "We were very pleased with her work," says Syd Vinnedge, an executive with the show's distributor, All American Communications. "There were no fights. It was a good and positive year."
Now concentrating on family, Lee is in counseling with a newly sober Tommy, whose drinking, say friends, prompted the separation. "We're working on our problems and doing great," says Lee. "I'd say life is back to normal—but it's better." Lee's new domesticity may not be forever. Her career plans are uncertain—"I have no expectations of becoming a big movie star," says Lee, whose film Barb Wire flopped last spring—but Hollywood is waiting. "She has star quality," says casting director Rhonda Young. "She'll get offers. No question."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!