Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Wife of Deepwater Horizon Victim Breaks Down as She Recalls Husband's Last Trip Home Before Death: 'Jason, Would Have Never Let Me Worry'
- Read the Cover Story: Brad & Angelina Split After 12 Years: It's Over
- Amber Rose Will 'Embrace Her Body' In a Sexy DWTS Routine After Feeling Body Shamed By Julianne Hough, Says Source
- FROM EW: John Legend to Play Frederick Douglass on WGN America's Underground
- DeKoding KarJenner Style: Kim Kardashian and the Underwear as Outerwear Revolution
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- January 13, 1997
- Vol. 47
- No. 1
Dish Out of Water
Leaving Behind An Impressive Body of Work, Pamela Anderson Lee Says Bye-Bye, Baywatch
Shooting had wrapped for the current season, and surprised Baywatch producers expressed regret at Lee's departure. "We were very pleased with her work," says Syd Vinnedge, an executive with the show's distributor, All American Communications. "There were no fights. It was a good and positive year."
Now concentrating on family, Lee is in counseling with a newly sober Tommy, whose drinking, say friends, prompted the separation. "We're working on our problems and doing great," says Lee. "I'd say life is back to normal—but it's better." Lee's new domesticity may not be forever. Her career plans are uncertain—"I have no expectations of becoming a big movie star," says Lee, whose film Barb Wire flopped last spring—but Hollywood is waiting. "She has star quality," says casting director Rhonda Young. "She'll get offers. No question."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!