Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,180 covers and 55,278 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Is Zayn Malik Working on a Solo Career After Leaving One Direction?
- The Style Top 5: Amal Clooney Brings Her Glam Street Style to NYC, Iggy Azalea Gets Candid About Her Body and More
- World's Hottest Math Teacher: College Student Discovers His Lecturer Is Actually a Male Model
- Casey Wilson: Why I Was 'Relieved' to Find Out I'm Having a Boy
- See All the Winners from the Kids' Choice Awards!
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- March 17, 1997
- Vol. 47
- No. 10
Howard Stern Brings New York to a Halt with a Showing of His Private Parts
A Few Good Men this isn't. Instead, in a script based on his bestselling 1993 autobiography, Stern, 43, tells of his rise from nerdy kid to King of All Media. He's somewhat proud of the movie. You could tell by way the star, riding in a Mercedes "Popemobile" with bulletproof bubble, led a motorcade to a stage outside the Garden, where he sang "Great American Nightmare" with heavy metal's Rob Zombie. Inside, 8,400 fans attended screenings, and a crowd of celebs including Conan O'Brien, Kevin Bacon and drag rocker Marilyn Manson retired to a private party.
Stern wants to reach beyond the 18 million who tune in daily to hear him talk about lesbians, flatulence and his sex life with his wife, Alison, 42. Many say he can. "Even my mother loved it, okay?" model Carol Alt, a bit player in the film, told E! Added rapper L.L. Cool J: "If you're somebody with an open mind, it's real funny." Stern's appeal? "He tells you what everyone thinks but is afraid to say," says Jeffrey Taylor, 31, a customer-service rep who waited 10 hours to buy a $10 ticket. Stern has his own take on what makes Parts work: "It's the story of a loser who is able to succeed." And not just succeed but stop traffic.
March 28, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!