Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Drake Yoga Exists – So Now You Can Listen to 'Hotline Bling' in Downward Dog
- Read the Cover Story: The Gosselins 10 Years Later: 'So Much Has Changed'
- 5 Things to Know About the New Donald Trump Biography He Warned Supporters Not to Buy
- Usain Bolt Takes Bevy of 10 Women Back to His London Hotel as He Celebrates His Olympic Gold: Source
- Family Says Deaf Man Fatally Shot by Cop Was 'Harmless' and Would Still be Alive if Cop Knew of Impairment
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- September 05, 2005
- Vol. 64
- No. 10
Man of Action
Back as the mercenary hero in The Transporter 2 (opening Sept. 2), Statham does plenty more derring-do, including a jet ski-to-bus jump he admits was "maybe a little bit too stupid." It wasn't his first risky leap: At 15, the native of the London suburb of Sydenham left school and sold jewelry on the street while he trained as a diver. He reached the Olympic trials three times and found modeling work after talent scouts discovered him at his pool. Soon after, director Guy Ritchie (a.k.a. Madonna's husband) spotted him in an ad and cast the rookie actor in his edgy crime capers Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels and Snatch. He and Ritchie bonded, he says, because "we're like two big kids."
Single since a breakup with model actress Kelly Brook last year, Statham spends off-hours snowboarding, scuba diving and watching no-holds-barred cage fights in Vegas—but not taking part. "They'd kill me! Those are the toughest guys on the planet."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!