Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- She Said Yes! NFL Pro Larry English and WAGS' Nicole Williams Are Engaged
- Read the Cover Story: Brad & Angelina Split After 12 Years: It's Over
- Blac Chyna's Mom Warns Rob Kardashian: 'You're Going to Ruin [Your Relationship]' with Chyna
- Iconic Golfer Arnold Palmer Dies at 87
- Jacqueline Laurita Plans Early Departure from Vermont Trip After Threats from Teresa Giudice's Friend
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- September 05, 2005
- Vol. 64
- No. 10
Man of Action
Back as the mercenary hero in The Transporter 2 (opening Sept. 2), Statham does plenty more derring-do, including a jet ski-to-bus jump he admits was "maybe a little bit too stupid." It wasn't his first risky leap: At 15, the native of the London suburb of Sydenham left school and sold jewelry on the street while he trained as a diver. He reached the Olympic trials three times and found modeling work after talent scouts discovered him at his pool. Soon after, director Guy Ritchie (a.k.a. Madonna's husband) spotted him in an ad and cast the rookie actor in his edgy crime capers Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels and Snatch. He and Ritchie bonded, he says, because "we're like two big kids."
Single since a breakup with model actress Kelly Brook last year, Statham spends off-hours snowboarding, scuba diving and watching no-holds-barred cage fights in Vegas—but not taking part. "They'd kill me! Those are the toughest guys on the planet."
September 24, 2016
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!