Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Kirsten Maldonado Dishes on Wedding Plans and Why Pentatonix Won’t Sing On Her Big Day
- Read the Cover Story: George Turns 3: The Preschool Prince!
- Curvy Model Fights for Women of All Sizes to Show Skin with #WeWearWhatWeWant
- Alton Brown Announces a Fall 2016 Tour: 'This Time, It's Personal'
- Olympic Gold Medalist Kami Craig's Mom Says Her Daughter Ate to 'Keep the Weight On': 'They Want Her to Be Heavier'
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- September 05, 2005
- Vol. 64
- No. 10
Man of Action
Back as the mercenary hero in The Transporter 2 (opening Sept. 2), Statham does plenty more derring-do, including a jet ski-to-bus jump he admits was "maybe a little bit too stupid." It wasn't his first risky leap: At 15, the native of the London suburb of Sydenham left school and sold jewelry on the street while he trained as a diver. He reached the Olympic trials three times and found modeling work after talent scouts discovered him at his pool. Soon after, director Guy Ritchie (a.k.a. Madonna's husband) spotted him in an ad and cast the rookie actor in his edgy crime capers Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels and Snatch. He and Ritchie bonded, he says, because "we're like two big kids."
Single since a breakup with model actress Kelly Brook last year, Statham spends off-hours snowboarding, scuba diving and watching no-holds-barred cage fights in Vegas—but not taking part. "They'd kill me! Those are the toughest guys on the planet."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!