Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Prince Harry Falls from His Polo Pony – But Gets Right Back in the Saddle
- Read the Cover Story: Adele’s Triumphant Return: How Love Changed Her Life
- Sexiest Bodyguard Alive: Meet Adele's New Steamy Security
- 16 Sure-to-Wow Gifts for $25 or Less!
- L.A. Businessman Buys 400 American Soldiers Dinner During Airport Layover: 'You Guys Risk Your Lives to Protect Me and My Family'
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- September 05, 2005
- Vol. 64
- No. 10
Man of Action
Back as the mercenary hero in The Transporter 2 (opening Sept. 2), Statham does plenty more derring-do, including a jet ski-to-bus jump he admits was "maybe a little bit too stupid." It wasn't his first risky leap: At 15, the native of the London suburb of Sydenham left school and sold jewelry on the street while he trained as a diver. He reached the Olympic trials three times and found modeling work after talent scouts discovered him at his pool. Soon after, director Guy Ritchie (a.k.a. Madonna's husband) spotted him in an ad and cast the rookie actor in his edgy crime capers Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels and Snatch. He and Ritchie bonded, he says, because "we're like two big kids."
Single since a breakup with model actress Kelly Brook last year, Statham spends off-hours snowboarding, scuba diving and watching no-holds-barred cage fights in Vegas—but not taking part. "They'd kill me! Those are the toughest guys on the planet."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!