Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,177 covers and 55,100 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Get a Glimpse of Gisele Bündchen's Wedding Dress in This Sweet Throwback Photo
- Read the Cover Story: Meet Kelly Clarkson's Baby Girl!
- Kanye Shows His Softer Side by Apologizing to Beck, Crying on Camera
- Obama Meets with Trayvon Martin's Parents at White House on Third Anniversary of Their Son's Shooting
- Designer Nate Berkus 'Can't Wait to Be a Family of 3!'
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- September 05, 2005
- Vol. 64
- No. 10
Man of Action
Back as the mercenary hero in The Transporter 2 (opening Sept. 2), Statham does plenty more derring-do, including a jet ski-to-bus jump he admits was "maybe a little bit too stupid." It wasn't his first risky leap: At 15, the native of the London suburb of Sydenham left school and sold jewelry on the street while he trained as a diver. He reached the Olympic trials three times and found modeling work after talent scouts discovered him at his pool. Soon after, director Guy Ritchie (a.k.a. Madonna's husband) spotted him in an ad and cast the rookie actor in his edgy crime capers Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels and Snatch. He and Ritchie bonded, he says, because "we're like two big kids."
Single since a breakup with model actress Kelly Brook last year, Statham spends off-hours snowboarding, scuba diving and watching no-holds-barred cage fights in Vegas—but not taking part. "They'd kill me! Those are the toughest guys on the planet."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!