Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,178 covers and 55,102 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Ty Herndon on Writing Songs After Coming Out: I'm Not Trading the 'He's for 'She's
- The Style Top 5: Cara Delevingne Gets Handsy With Her BFFs, Kim Kardashian's Unique Way of Thanking Her Fans and More
- Need a Laugh? Eugene Levy and Catherine O'Hara Will Have You Cracking Up
- Here's What Taylor Swift Has to Say About Those Katy Perry Rumors
- One Dad, Four Newborns: Father of Quadruplets Cares for Babies After Wife's Tragic Death
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- September 26, 2005
- Vol. 64
- No. 13
Picks and Pans Review: Patty Loveless
The title tune of this superlative album is, of course, Waylon Jennings's evocative classic, and Loveless's thoughtful reading fits beautifully into the sublimely relaxed, tuneful mood that has distinguished her style. This CD, another collaboration with her producer-husband, Emory Gordy Jr., also include Richard Thompson's coyly cautionary "Keep Your Distance" and Steve Earle's introspective "My Old Friend the Blues." It all serves to demonstrate the symbiotic relationship between good singers and good songs: They make each other better. And it doesn't hurt to have some fine vocal help from Dwight Yoakam (on "Never Ending Song of Love") and Emmylou Harris (on "When Being Who You Are Is Not Enough").
DOWNLOAD THIS: "Dreaming My Dreams With You".
- Steve Dougherty,
- Ralph Novakv,
- V.R. Peterson,
- Chris Strauss,
- Lisa Ingrassia.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!