Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,178 covers and 55,102 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- The Bachelor's Britt: 'I Cried Every Day' After I Was Sent Home
- The Best Photos from the Week of Feb. 23- Mar. 1, 2015
- The Bachelor: Women Tell All Recap: Britt Is a Beautiful Crier and Kelsey Explains Why Her Story Is So 'Amazing'
- One In a Million: Parents Take Home Two Sets of Identical Twin Girls
- Meryl Streep's Daughters Land Fashion Campaign (Plus, See Kristen Stewart's New Chanel Ad!)
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- September 26, 2005
- Vol. 64
- No. 13
Heading to Prison, Lil' Kim Opens Up
How do you feel about going to prison?
I think [the sentencing judge] wasn't half as mean as he wanted to be. The unknown makes you nervous, but... there's no reason for me to be scared. I'm going to go through this with my head up and handle anything that comes out because I have God.
What will you take with you?
I plan to take lots of books. I like to read, and that will give me more time to read. I like spiritual books like A Woman's Worth. I'm probably going to find out later what else I can take.
Is The Naked Truth your way of responding to what has happened?
I'm speaking on everything. After the perjury trial [in March], what more of my business can I not talk about? What more can be done to hurt me and harm me? It was emotional.
You mention Martha Stewart in one song. Do you see her as a role model?
I don't know Martha Stewart at all. One thing I heard was that she used to be a b—— [before prison] and now she's not. I'm so not a b——, and I'm so not a diva. Some people probably think that before they meet me, but I'm not.
You're used to getting glammed up. Will you miss that in prison?
They have makeup in there, gel for your hair, they have all kinds of stuff. It will be interesting. No one wants to go to that place, but that's just the cards you're dealt. You go in and make a positive out of it. If you don't, you just make it harder for yourself.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!