Archive Page - 08/16/13 40 years, 2,169 covers and 54,876 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- New Kids on the Block's Jonathan Knight Will Compete on The Amazing Race
- The Style Top 5: The Best Star Style From the PEOPLE Magazine Awards
- Kim Kardashian Wore Fur-Lined Strappy Stilettos, and Yes, There are Photos
- What's the One Thing Mulaney Star Martin Short Likes to Cook?
- Alexis Shapiro: Losing Weight, Loving Life
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Friday December 19, 2014 09:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- October 03, 2005
- Vol. 64
- No. 14
Washed Apart by Hurricane Katrina: Keishall Barrow Finds Her Daughter Kalise
When PEOPLE first reported the family's story (Who Is This Child?, Sept. 26), Kalise—known as Kalite by her caregiver at the time—had been taken in by a couple after her godmother disappeared from the New Orleans airport. Barrow, 22, a clerk at Walgreen's, had asked friends and family to care for her three young children—the very weekend, it turned out, that Katrina hit. "No one thought it was going to be that bad," she says. After locating her mother and 11-month-old son Kalin at the Super-dome, she took them to Houston. Then she tracked down Kenya, 2, who was safe in Atlanta with the family of the three kids' father, Keith, who died in a car accident in June. Finally, after a 24-hour bus ride from Houston on Sept. 19, Barrow swept the giggly child into her arms at an Oxford motel and cried out "Kaylee!" "It's overwhelming. I was so excited I couldn't eat," she says. "Thank you, Jesus, for a happy ending."
December 19, 2014
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!