Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,180 covers and 55,278 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Justin Timberlake to Jessica Biel: 'I Can't Wait to See Our Greatest Creation Yet'
- The Style Top 5: Amal Clooney Brings Her Glam Street Style to NYC, Iggy Azalea Gets Candid About Her Body and More
- Jamie Foxx's Joke About Bruce Jenner Falls Flat at iHeartRadio Awards
- Jeremy Piven: The Most Important Person in My Entourage Is …
- From EW: See All the Winners from the iHeartRadio Music Awards!
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- October 03, 2005
- Vol. 64
- No. 14
J.D. Fortune the New Lead Singer of INXS
Why He's a Rock Star
On the finale, with his competition looking on, Fortune, 32, searingly sang the Rolling Stones' "You Can't Always Get What You Want." "We are truly in awe," said cohost Dave Navarro.
He used to play one.
The Nova Scotia native (real name: Jason) once toured with a Legends show as Elvis Presley (from the young, sexy years, not the Vegas jumpsuit era).
He comes with a hard-knocks backstory.
A former Canadian army radio operator, he was living in his car earlier this year.
He's unapologetically cocky.
"I knew I'd be right for this," Fortune told PEOPLE just after his win. "It feels like home being with this band."
And above all because INXS has deemed it so.
Though Fortune was just 3 when INXS played its first gig, the band's members feel confident in their choice. "In a funny way," says guitarist Tim Farriss, runner-up Marty Casey "reminded us a bit of Michael [Hutchence]," the front-man they lost to suicide in 1997. "But I had this feeling Michael would have wanted us to go with J.D."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!