Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Kobe Bryant Announces This Season Will Be His Last: Read His Emotional Good-Bye
- Read the Cover Story: Adele’s Triumphant Return: How Love Changed Her Life
- Caitlyn Jenner Gets Bangs! – See Her New Look
- John Legend Throws Chrissy Teigen a Birthday Bash at a Comedy Club – and Dave Chappelle Was There!
- Mother of Two and Iraq War Veteran Identified as Civilian Victims in Colorado Planned Parenthood Shooting
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- October 10, 2005
- Vol. 64
- No. 15
A Helicopter Crash Kills Michael Wittenberg, the Investment Adviser Who Nine Years Ago Convinced Actress Bernadette Peters to Finally Marry
On Sept. 26, Peters lost her husband when he was killed in a helicopter crash in Montenegro in southeastern Europe. Wittenberg, 42, an investment adviser, was on a business trip and was one of four people to die in the crash, which may have been caused by the rotor blade striking a power line. The couple's 14-year age difference had been bridged by a mutual passion for animals, theater and each other. "He made me feel safe," Peters, 57, once said, "and I did that for him."
November 26, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!