Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Brad Paisley Announces Fundraiser to Help Flood Victims in His Home State of West Virginia – and Donates $100K Himself
- Read the Cover Story: Mystery in Idaho: Little Boy Lost
- Gwyneth Paltrow on Once Being Dubbed the 'Most Hated Celebrity': 'More Than, Like, Chris Brown? What Did I Do?'
- 6 Times Kylie Jenner Hinted at Her Relationship Status – via Social Media
- Marine Corps to Remove the Word 'Man' From 19 Job Titles
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- November 21, 2005
- Vol. 64
- No. 21
Fat Like Me
Wondering What Life Is Like at Another Size, Tyra Banks Goes Undercover as a 350-Lb. Woman
Banks—who previously had an on-air sonogram to prove she doesn't have breast implants and shares her psychotherapy on a Nov. 14 episode—got the idea to walk a mile in another woman's plus-size loafers after a recent breakfast with friends. "There was every race at the table, gay and straight," she says. "But when the subject of obesity came up, my friends started talking in a rude way." Poking fun at the overweight, she argues, is "the last accepted form of discrimination."
Banks experienced such disdain first-hand when she went on a series of blind dates in her disguise—and became the first Victoria's Secret model to be rejected by not one, not two, but three guys. (Banks then enjoyed a "gotcha" moment, revealing her identity to three very disappointed suitors.) "The cruelty of people hurt me so much," she says.
Even though she "could take the suit off at the end of the day," the fit, 5' 10" Banks says she'll carry the experience with her. "I'm not in a position to tell heavy people anything," she says, noting she played the role only for a few hours. Her intention is that the fat-suit episode might make some people think twice: "I hope this show will cut down on the cruelty."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!