Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,181 covers and 55,435 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Snakes, Tattoos and Reality TV: 6 Things to Know About Sweden's Princess-to-Be
- Read the Cover Story – Tess Holliday: The World's First Size 22 Supermodel!
- 3 Great Memorial Day Playlists to Make Your Barbecue Better
- Jillian Michaels' 4 Easy Secrets to a Sexy Beach Body
- Gwyneth Paltrow and Tracy Anderson Launch Healthy Food Company (Surprise, It Includes Frosting Shots!)
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- November 21, 2005
- Vol. 64
- No. 21
Fat Like Me
Wondering What Life Is Like at Another Size, Tyra Banks Goes Undercover as a 350-Lb. Woman
Banks—who previously had an on-air sonogram to prove she doesn't have breast implants and shares her psychotherapy on a Nov. 14 episode—got the idea to walk a mile in another woman's plus-size loafers after a recent breakfast with friends. "There was every race at the table, gay and straight," she says. "But when the subject of obesity came up, my friends started talking in a rude way." Poking fun at the overweight, she argues, is "the last accepted form of discrimination."
Banks experienced such disdain first-hand when she went on a series of blind dates in her disguise—and became the first Victoria's Secret model to be rejected by not one, not two, but three guys. (Banks then enjoyed a "gotcha" moment, revealing her identity to three very disappointed suitors.) "The cruelty of people hurt me so much," she says.
Even though she "could take the suit off at the end of the day," the fit, 5' 10" Banks says she'll carry the experience with her. "I'm not in a position to tell heavy people anything," she says, noting she played the role only for a few hours. Her intention is that the fat-suit episode might make some people think twice: "I hope this show will cut down on the cruelty."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!