Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Watch Janet Jackson's New Music Video for 'Dammn Baby' Following Pregnancy Reports
- Read the Cover Story: Prince Harry: Finding My Purpose
- WATCH: Gwen Stefani Lets George Clooney and Julia Roberts Hitch a Ride for Her Carpool Karaoke with James Corden
- Former Presidents George Bush Sr. and Son Bush Jr. Will Not Endorse Donald Trump as a Presidential Candidate
- Chrissy Teigen Shows off Her Envy-Inducing Three-Week Post-Baby Body
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- December 19, 2005
- Vol. 64
- No. 25
How Do You Grow from a Hobbit-Size Gollum in the Lord of the Rings to a 25-Ft.-Tall King Kong? Andy Serkis Explains How to Walk on the Wild Side
•Be a Knucklehead: After spending more than a year running around on all fours, "my knuckles are absolutely trashed—they took a real beating," says Serkis, who lives in London with wife Lorraine Ashbourne and kids Ruby, 7, Sonny, 5, and Louis, 1. Still, he found the habit hard to shake. "I still catch myself making gorilla movements. When I lean forward, I always lean on my knuckles. It's really bizarre."
•Catch Jungle Fever: For homework, the former Shakespearean stage actor observed wild mountain gorillas in Rwanda. "The amazing thing was how different they all are," he says. "There's sibling rivalry, and teenage boys are always ready to scrap." What about Kong? "He's like a lonely, psychotic hobo who's past his prime. I wanted him to be as gorilla as possible but give him big emotional range."
•But Don't Ever Two-Time Your Primate: While studying apes at the London Zoo, Serkis got friendly with a female gorilla named Zaire. "I struck up a strong relationship," he says. "Then one day my wife came by, and Zaire didn't like it at all. She got a big water bottle and squirted my wife with it!"
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!