Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Kate Beckinsale Links Arms with David Walliams After Grabbing Dinner in London
- Read the Cover Story: JFK Jr.: The John We Loved
- Michael Fassbender and Alicia Vikander's Red-Hot Romance Heats Up New York
- FROM EW: The Vampire Diaries Will End After Season 8
- Bellissima! Jennifer Aniston Looks Chic in Black as She's Honored at Italian Film Festival
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- December 26, 2005
- Vol. 64
- No. 26
From the devastation wrought by Hurricanes Katrina and Rita to the more than 2,000 soldiers who have so far given their lives in the war in Iraq, we at PEOPLE have chronicled the milestones of 2005. Along the way, we've discovered, as President Bush remarked during our meeting, that in times of trial, Americans "responded to the test with not only fortitude, but great heart."
This year, it's been inspiring to showcase individuals like Jeanette and John Murphy (PEOPLE, Aug. 22), an Atlanta couple who adopted 18 kids, most with special needs; Bob Nixon (PEOPLE, Aug. 1), a Washington, D.C., environmentalist who is helping clean up the Anacostia River and turn around the lives of troubled youths; and Navy Reservist Sonja Owens (PEOPLE, June 13), who videotapes military parents in Iraq reading children's stories so their kids back home feel the warmth of family. These are stories that touch us all—including Mrs. Bush, who sent Owens a shipment of books and a letter of encouragement to keep her good work going.
In tough times, it's the little acts of kindness that carry us through. One of the great joys of editing PEOPLE is getting to celebrate those gestures. No matter what the future holds, we look forward to a New Year filled with everyday heroes who truly lift us up.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!