Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,187 covers and 55,435 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- A Family's Heartbreak: Bobby Brown and Whitney Houston's Mother Cissy Pay Respects at Bobbi Kristina's Wake
- The Style Top 5: Reese Witherspoon Channels Elle Woods,
Steal the Styles from Wet Hot American Summer and More
- Christina Applegate: 'I Barely Survived' the Terrible Twos
- Latest Batch of Hillary Clinton Emails: Staff Pet Peeves, Suck-Up Aides and Holiday Headaches
- Bill Cosby's Producer Speaks Out: 'I'm Hoping That People Will Still Be Able to Watch the Show'
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- August 23, 2004
- Vol. 62
- No. 8
HOMETOWN: Hauppauge, N.Y.
CURRENT GIG: Stars in The WB's Summerland as Ava, a single aunt raising three orphans in a beach house.
Since ABC's Full House ended nearly a decade ago, Lori Loughlin has gone from playing sitcom wife and mom to—you guessed it—starting a full house of her own. After tying the knot with fashion designer Mossimo Giannulli in 1997, a second marriage for both, "I put my career on the back burner," she says, to raise their daughters Isabella, 5, and Olivia, 4. Now, with Summerland, she has a second family. "I feel a little bit like they're my kids," Loughlin says of her TV brood, Jesse McCartney, 17, Kay Panabaker, 14, and Nick Benson, 10. "I'm very protective of them." Panabaker even had a sleepover at Loughlin's Santa Monica home.
In turn, Isabella and Olivia sometimes accompany their mother to the set. When Loughlin, who's also a producer, has to work late, Giannulli, 41, "can be home in time for dinner with the kids," she says. (A nanny also helps out.) "Lori sings and reads to the girls every night," says her spouse. "She's very nurturing, but she rules with an iron fist." She yields to her daughters, though, when they ask to watch Full House reruns with her. Keeping in touch with all her old House mates, she says, "I'm probably closest to John [Stamos] and Dave [Coulier]. We built lifelong friendships."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!