Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Josh Hutcherson Invites You to Watch Him 'Battle' Football Star Terrell Owens In a Celebrity Volleyball Match
- Read the Cover Story: The Gosselins 10 Years Later: 'So Much Has Changed'
- Are Amber Rose and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Joining Ryan Lochte on Dancing with the Stars?
- Khloé Kardashian Right-Swiped Who?! The KUWTK Star Plays Celebrity Tinder
- Secrets of the Kardashians' Epic, Over-the-Top Glam Rooms, Straight from the Designer Himself
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- August 30, 2004
- Vol. 62
- No. 9
Picks and Pans Review: Travis Tritt
Lots of Nashville guys sing-about honky-tonks, but Tritt sounds as if he has actually been to one or two. He invests everything he sings with an aura of authenticity, the way great singers do. The best songs on this bright, engaging album feature Tritt in character as a saloon soldier, as on the raucous "Monkey Around": "When you turn a man into a monkey, that monkey's gonna monkey around." The ingenious "Circus Leavin' Town," written by Philip Claypool, compares a man's destructive post-romance impulses to tearing down the tents. Gretchen Wilson sings backup on the regretful "Too Far to Turn Around," which she cowrote, and John Mellencamp makes a self-effacing duet partner on the surprisingly philosophical "What Say You." The only faux pas is "The Girl's Gone Wild," recently used on The Simple Life 2. The song celebrates "Sally, Sue and Tamera, smilin' for the camera" while "usin' their daddy's credit card." It's proudly crass, like Hank Williams Jr.'s Monday Night Football theme rewritten for the Prada set.
DOWNLOAD THIS: "Monkey Around"
- Kyle Smith,
- V.R. Peterson,
- Ralph Novak,
- Lyndon Stambler.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!