Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Hillary Clinton Has a Hot Nephew and the Internet Can't Get Over It
- Read the Cover Story: George Turns 3: The Preschool Prince!
- Georgia Woman Allegedly Researched People Who Kill Their Families – Then Shot Daughter-in-Law: Police
- 'I Cried for an Hour': Sandy Hook Parents Return to 'Sacred Ground' at Site of School Massacre
- Jared Leto: Playing the Joker in Suicide Squad 'Was a Role of a Lifetime'
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- September 27, 2004
- Vol. 62
- No. 13
The Latest Craze—Or Just Plain Crazy? Brave Souls Across the Country Get Cozy at 'Cuddling Parties'
The phenomenon was the brain- child of chums Reid Mihalko, 36, and Marcia Baczynski, 26, who claim to have held the first formal cuddle party in New York City in the spring. They say they've staged about 40 since in cities including Washington, D.C., Las Vegas and L.A. The inspiration, says Mihalko (a New York City bartender and amateur masseur), came from his own life: "I would get together with massage-therapist friends and trade massages once a month. My friends who didn't do massage were jealous, and I jokingly told them we could have a cuddle party." One with its own peculiar etiquette, Web site (www.cuddleparty.com) and ambience: Music is mellow, stuffed animals are permitted but fooling around isn't, and snacks are kid-faves like Oreos. "Cuddle monsters" (Mihalko's words) like law student Bonnie Harris, 28, are coming back for more. "I feel safe because there are boundaries," says Harris, who has cuddled in Las Vegas and L.A. "And it's nice to get to know some-body lying down."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!