Archive Page - 08/16/13 40 years, 2,169 covers and 54,876 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- New Kids on the Block's Jonathan Knight Will Compete on The Amazing Race
- The Style Top 5: The Best Star Style From the PEOPLE Magazine Awards
- Kim Kardashian Wore Fur-Lined Strappy Stilettos, and Yes, There are Photos
- What's the One Thing Mulaney Star Martin Short Likes to Cook?
- Alexis Shapiro: Losing Weight, Loving Life
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Friday December 19, 2014 09:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- September 27, 2004
- Vol. 62
- No. 13
The Latest Craze—Or Just Plain Crazy? Brave Souls Across the Country Get Cozy at 'Cuddling Parties'
The phenomenon was the brain- child of chums Reid Mihalko, 36, and Marcia Baczynski, 26, who claim to have held the first formal cuddle party in New York City in the spring. They say they've staged about 40 since in cities including Washington, D.C., Las Vegas and L.A. The inspiration, says Mihalko (a New York City bartender and amateur masseur), came from his own life: "I would get together with massage-therapist friends and trade massages once a month. My friends who didn't do massage were jealous, and I jokingly told them we could have a cuddle party." One with its own peculiar etiquette, Web site (www.cuddleparty.com) and ambience: Music is mellow, stuffed animals are permitted but fooling around isn't, and snacks are kid-faves like Oreos. "Cuddle monsters" (Mihalko's words) like law student Bonnie Harris, 28, are coming back for more. "I feel safe because there are boundaries," says Harris, who has cuddled in Las Vegas and L.A. "And it's nice to get to know some-body lying down."
December 19, 2014
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!