Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- FROM EW: Connie Britton, Hayden Panettiere, More near Deal to Return to Nashville
- Read the Cover Story: Mystery in Idaho: Little Boy Lost
- San Antonio Man Buys Pools For West Side Families After Facebook User Mocks Photo of Kids' Makeshift Swimming Pool
- Louis Tomlinson Files for Shared Custody of Infant Son Freddie
- Woman Arrested After Allegedly Striking Elderly Man, Driving Nearly a Mile with Body Wedged in Windshield: Police
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- October 04, 2004
- Vol. 62
- No. 14
Law & Order: SVU's Diane Neal
HOMETOWN: Littleton, Colo.
LATEST GIG: Tough A.D.A. Casey Novak
•Rap sheet: A figure skater in high school, Neal started modeling at 18 for Shiseido and Pond's skin-care ads ("People like pasty," she says). In '99 she quit and went to study biblical archaeology in Egypt and Israel "because I wanted to be Indiana Jones really badly." Back in New York City three weeks later, she took a six-week acting course on a whim. "My older sister has all her degrees in theater, and I couldn't stand the theater geeks!" she says. But "it I turned out to be the most fun I'd ever had."
•Prior conviction: In '01, in one of her first roles. Neal played a woman who raped a male stripper on SVU. "My parents [Chris, federal attorney, and Colleen, a math teacher] said, 'We're so proud of you, sweetheart.' It could have been worse, like, 'Look! I'm gonna play a rapist and murderer, and I booked a tampon commercial!' "
•Copping a plea: Before she moved to New Jersey with her fiancé, Irish model Marcus Fitzgerald, 31, she lived in a crumbling 3O0-sq.-ft. Manhattan studio. Once, when a cop came to arrest a neighbor, "he was like, 'You're on SVU.' I'm like. "Yeah.' And he's like, 'Well, you're not very nice to the cops .' I'm like, 'Oh, that's changing. Don't worry.' There was a little inkling of, 'Hey. You're on our side.' "
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!