Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,189 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Tea Time! Queen Elizabeth's Record-Breaking Reign Commemorated with Special China Inspired by Her Coronation
- Read the Cover Story: The Kennedy Family's Darkest Secret
- Pink Stands By Critical VMA Comments, Assures Followers She Has 'No Issue' with Demi Lovato: 'Look for a Feud Elsewhere'
- Same-Sex Couples Head to Kentucky Courthouse as Clerk Who Refused to Issue Them Marriage Licenses Sits Behind Bars
- VIDEO: Look Back at Bey's Most Memorable Hair Moments
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- October 11, 2004
- Vol. 62
- No. 15
With Sex and the City—and a Longtime Man—in the Past, Actress Cynthia Nixon Falls for a Woman
The source says the never-married Nixon, who now considers herself bisexual, embarked on the romance in January, six months after she amicably split from photographer Danny Mozes, 38, her companion of 15 years and father of her two children. The initial spark? A topic that would have had the Sex girls yawning over their brunch menus: public schools. For the past several years Nixon has lobbied for increased government aid to city schools—her daughter, Samantha, 7, attends one—and her girlfriend works for a nonprofit education-advocacy group. Although the woman has no children of her own, "they both share a passion" for that cause, says the friend.
The new companion prefers life outside the spotlight ("nothing public about this girl," says the friend). Yet Nixon, whom castmate Mario Cantone describes as a "grounded, no-nonsense woman," knew it was inevitable the romance would make headlines. (The couple aren't living together, but Nixon's daughter and 22-month-old son Charles "know her, and they have a good relationship," says the friend.) But she's unlikely to dish out any further details. "I understand the recent interest in my private life, and I appreciate how supportive everyone has been," Nixon tells PEOPLE. "But it will be a real pleasure to get back to living my life without seeing it in the news every day."
September 04, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!