Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- High Five, Low Five ... No Five: Prince George Leaves Justin Trudeau Hanging During Canada Visit
- Read the Cover Story: Brad & Angelina Split After 12 Years: It's Over
- Genius German Shepherd Plots Her Escape From California Animal Shelter
- Julie Bowen Explains Why Her Husband Was Not at the Emmys: 'It's Tough to Be a Purse Holder'
- The Countess Did It! Sophie Wessex Arrives at Buckingham Palace after 450-mile Bike Ride
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- November 01, 2004
- Vol. 62
- No. 18
Ryan's Amazing Race
Sure, It's Not as Tough as Trouncing Other Bachelors on TV, but Ryan Sutter Puts Plenty of Muscle into the Ironman Triathlon in Hawaii
Cheered on by Trista, parents Barbara and Bob Sutter and brother Chris, along with father-in-law Stan Rehn and a gaggle of friends, Sutter, 30, polished off a 2.4-mile ocean swim, a 112-mile bike ride and the marathon run in 11 hours, 38 minutes and 26 seconds. Crossing the finish line around 6:40 p.m. (roughly three hours behind winner Normann Stadler), he ran into the arms of his wife, sweeping her up in a very sweaty hug. "I'd hug you, too, but you wouldn't want that," he told well-wishers.
Like the other men of Iron, the Vail, Colo., firefighter (756th. among 1,580 finishers) was famished after the contest. Wearing a sleeveless tee that showcased his solid biceps, he hit Kona Style Fish n' Chips with the gang for fried mahi mahi with Coke. "People told me I did a pretty good job," says Ryan, who sees more such feats in his future: "Trista and I like to travel around, and [triathlons are] an excuse to go places."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!