Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,180 covers and 55,277 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Ashley Williams's Blog: Why I Decided to Have a Home Birth
- The Style Top 5: Gigi Hadid Shares Her Beauty Don'ts, Blake Lively's Million Dollar Style Week and More
- QUIZ: How Long Would It Take for You to Die in The Game of Thrones World
- Venezuelan Woman Earns Apartment After Hitting President with Mango
- 13 Reasons to Love Just One of the Guys 30 Years Later
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- November 01, 2004
- Vol. 62
- No. 18
Ryan's Amazing Race
Sure, It's Not as Tough as Trouncing Other Bachelors on TV, but Ryan Sutter Puts Plenty of Muscle into the Ironman Triathlon in Hawaii
Cheered on by Trista, parents Barbara and Bob Sutter and brother Chris, along with father-in-law Stan Rehn and a gaggle of friends, Sutter, 30, polished off a 2.4-mile ocean swim, a 112-mile bike ride and the marathon run in 11 hours, 38 minutes and 26 seconds. Crossing the finish line around 6:40 p.m. (roughly three hours behind winner Normann Stadler), he ran into the arms of his wife, sweeping her up in a very sweaty hug. "I'd hug you, too, but you wouldn't want that," he told well-wishers.
Like the other men of Iron, the Vail, Colo., firefighter (756th. among 1,580 finishers) was famished after the contest. Wearing a sleeveless tee that showcased his solid biceps, he hit Kona Style Fish n' Chips with the gang for fried mahi mahi with Coke. "People told me I did a pretty good job," says Ryan, who sees more such feats in his future: "Trista and I like to travel around, and [triathlons are] an excuse to go places."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!