Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,184 covers and 55,435 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Thousands Sing 'Take Me Out to the Ballgame' as Oregon's Historic Civic Stadium Burns Down
- The Best Photos from the Week of June 22- June 29, 2015
- Internet Patron Saint Rick Astley Covers 'Uptown Funk' (VIDEO)
- Watch Steamy Magic Mike XXL Performed by ... Hot Dogs?
- Will the Up House in Seattle Be Torn Down? Famous Home Faces Wrecking Ball
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- November 22, 2004
- Vol. 62
- No. 21
Amid Signs of Deliberation Difficulties, One of the Jurors Is Booted Off the Case
In a seemingly separate issue, the day before the dismissal the judge had summoned the jurors into court after the jury foreman sent him a note. The judge sternly admonished the panel, "Remember...you are to be impartial judges of the facts." It wasn't clear what had prompted the lecture, but there was immediate speculation that one or more jurors could be refusing to keep an open mind and that the group was drifting toward deadlock. "It was a clear indication that there is a problem," says Bay Area attorney Daniel Horowitz. "The judge gave them a little nudge."
As for the newest juror, she's a thirtyish bank employee and a mother of four with nine tattoos. When asked about the tattoos during the jury-selection questioning in April, she replied, "I know what it's like to be judged." She also made a point of emphasizing her independence. "I guess I like to debate," she said. Moreover, she insisted that she would maintain an open mind no matter what. "You have to be able to listen to anything," she told the court. "This is somebody's life."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!