Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,172 covers and 54,888 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- And the New Miss Universe Is ...
- The Style Top 5: A Look at a Sexy New Jeans Ad (Starring Adrian Grenier)
Kendall Jenner's Makeup Secret & More
- The SAG Awards Brought Together Our Favorite '90s Crushes
- VIDEO: Watch Those As the World Turns Scenes Julianne Moore Mentioned in Her SAG Awards Speech
- Viola Davis Calls Out 4-Year-Old Daughter in Heartfelt SAG Speech
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Monday January 26, 2015 05:10AM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- November 22, 2004
- Vol. 62
- No. 21
After the Sunset's: Naomie Harris
The Breakout Brit Swaps London for Fun in the Sun
After a memorably intense turn battling zombies in 2002's 28 Days Later, the Cambridge grad loosens up as a Bahamian cop trailing a jewel thief (Pierce Brosnan) in the lighthearted heist movie. Harris, whose own roots are Jamaican and Trinidadian, grew up in a London housing project with her single mother, a children's book author. Spotted by a talent scout in her after-school acting program, she began appearing in children's TV shows at 11. After earning a degree in social and political science from Cambridge, she wrote to 250 charities and other organizations to scrounge up funding so she could study at the prestigious Bristol Old Vic Theatre School. "You create your own luck," she says. Her hard-driving schedule has kept her off the dating scene. (Her "dream guy"? Colin Firth.) But her new outlook on life may change things. "I left [Sunset] realizing that I want to have fun," she says, "and worry less."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!