Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Penélope Cruz Once Styled Salma Hayek's Hair in the Dark
- Read the Cover Story: Steve Harvey: From Homeless to Having It All
- NBA Star Bryce Dejean-Jones Shot Dead in Dallas After Reportedly Entering the Wrong Apartment
- Amanda de Cadenet Sends Messages of Support for Friend Amber Heard After the Actress Claims Husband Johnny Depp Abused Her
- All-Star Memorial Day Recipes from Your Favorite Celebrity Chefs
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- November 29, 2004
- Vol. 62
- No. 22
Off the Charts
Usher, Johnny, Colin, Brad...the Sexiness of These Superstars Can't Be Measured
He's smooth as silk and hard as rock, able to sing a steamy, slow jam and get clubs pounding to the hits off his 7 million-selling CD, Confessions. When did former teen phenom Usher Raymond IV, now 26, grow up? And where did he get the kind of wisdom that separates the men from the boys? To wit:
"THE BEST PRESENT A MAN CAN GIVE A WOMAN IS HIS UNDIVIDED ATTENTION."
The rumor mill has him dating model Naomi Campbell after ending a nearly three-year relationship with TEC's Rozonda "Chilli" Thomas in January. But, he insists, at 7 a.m. it's just him and his trainer in his Atlanta home. (Too bad. He says he fixes "the greatest breakfasts ever.") The workouts pay off. "How you look dictates a lot. Image is very important," admits Usher, who snagged four American Music Awards last week and may star in a Marvin Gaye biopic. "If you're putting it out there, you really got to have it."
"HE'S A LITTLE RASCAL. IT'S CHARMING BECAUSE YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT HE'S GOING TO DO"
"HE HAS A GOOD HEART, HE'S COMPASSIONATE AND HAS A GREAT SENSE OF HUMOR"
—girlfriend Kate Bosworth
He'll be 50 come March, but the guy is solid: The bald head is like an outcropping of rock, and the blunt nose gives him the profile of a falcon that has seen (and flown into) plenty of action. Where else you gonna find that sort of grade-A American macho?
Kiss him—he's Irish. Then give him some credit: He may love his pint, may play the lad, but as an actor he has the drive of Alexander the Great. Only it's hearts that fall before him, not nations.
Five reasons we love Jake Gyllenhaal
1. He added "action hero" to his résumé last May with a starring role in The Day After Tomorrow, helping the film earn a whopping $186 million.
2. He's stayed friendly with his ex. Though he split with actress Kirsten Dunst in July, they still get together for cozy dinners.
3. He's musical. "I sing," says the 23-year-old actor. "I've been singing since I was little. My whole family sings."
4. He's fit. "I'm a big bike rider," he says. "In fact, it's my major form of exercise. I've been inspired by Lance Armstrong."
5. He knows his way around a kitchen. "It's a little cheesy," he says, "but I like to cook. I'm friends with a lot of chefs I admire. I've learned to make spaghettini with butter and black truffles."
He played Achilles, and even his heel was gorgeous.
"MATT COULD BE THAT GUY WHO LIVES NEXT DOOR. HE'S STRONG AND BROAD BUT ALSO HAS SOFT EYES"
Whether swaggering about as an unwashed swashbuckler (in Pirates of the Caribbean) or sweetly dabbling in romance as a dapper Scottish author (in the new Finding Neverland), PEOPLE's Sexiest Man of 2003 is the gentlest of rule breakers: a Hollywood idol living at a safe remove in France, a classically handsome face made less perfect with a mustache, glasses or an indifferent old hat. He hasn't fooled anyone.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!