Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- DWTS Winner Nyle DiMarco Brought to Tears After Carrie Ann Inaba Signs to Him: 'Thank You for Showing Us Your Beautiful Heart'
- Read the Cover Story: Céline Dion: 'I Lost the Love of My Life'
- Austin Hatch, Survivor of Two Separate Plane Crashes That Killed His Family, Speaks Out: 'You Have to Be Tough’
- WATCH: What Made Brett Eldredge Laugh So Hard He Cried?
- Bill Cosby Accuser Jennifer Thompson's Painful Account of Alleged Assault: 'Those I'm Helping Most are the Ones Still Silently Suffering'
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- December 06, 2004
- Vol. 62
- No. 23
Picks & Pans: The Killers
The Killers Hot Fuss
With buzz bands like Franz Ferdinand and Interpol, neo new-wave is this year's equivalent of the garage-rock revival that ushered in the Strokes, the White Stripes, the Vines, et al. And with their dead-on debut, the Killers are definitely another group that is worth the fuss. The Las Vegas quartet (which derived its name from New Order's "Crystal" video) makes potent post-punk that is equal parts brooding glam and melodic synth-pop. First single "Somebody Told Me" is an alt-rock anthem that will take you back to MTVs 120 Minutes with one of the year's catchiest choruses: "Somebody told me you had a boyfriend who looked like a girlfriend that I had in February of last year." Meanwhile the richly melancholic "Smile Like You Mean It" is a sardonic moper worthy of the Smiths. "Save some face, you know you've only got one," sings lead singer Brandon Flowers, who at times recalls Morrissey with his mournful delivery and upper-register wail. Despite their doldrums, the Killers are most often danceable, with rhythmic tracks like "Jenny Was a Friend of Mine," "On Top" and "Change Your Mind" that will have you breaking out your old Casio keyboard.—C.A.
•DOWNLOAD THIS: "Somebody Told Me"
- Chuck Arnold,
- Ralph Novak.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!