Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- World War II Lovebirds Celebrate 70th Wedding Anniversary: 'They've Stuck Together Through Thick and Thin'
- Read the Cover Story: Steve Harvey: From Homeless to Having It All
- Cincinnati Zoo Director Explains Why Staff Didn't Tranquilize Harambe the Gorilla: 'He Was Disoriented'
- Selena Gomez Visits Sick Children at Boston Children's Hospital
- 5 Reasons Why Prince Harry Is a Veteran's Best Friend
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- December 06, 2004
- Vol. 62
- No. 23
Dude Sings Like a Lady
Dan Finnerty Has Caught Hollywood's Ear with His Testosterone-Amped Versions of Pop-Songbird Hits
As comedy—maybe even as pop—it works. Finnerty, 34, with his group the Dan Band, memorably wailed "Total Eclipse of the Heart" in 2003's Old School. Since then, the Bath, N.Y., native has become one of the hottest, weirdest club acts in L.A. Fans include Mike Myers, Jennifer Aniston, Cameron Diaz and Steven Spielberg, who gave the sometime actor a part in The Terminal and coproduced his concert special, airing on Bravo in 2005. "He's a surprisingly good singer," says David Spade. "And they're secretly songs you like."
He discovered his talent in 1998, after having one too many and belting out "I Am Woman" at a karaoke bar. Making a show of it was the idea of his wife, actress Kathy Najimy, 47, whom he met at a party one night in 1995 and, next morning, took skydiving. "When we landed," Finnerty says, "we were like, T love you! We're alive!' " Thanks to her, he also has a CD due in March—and a daughter, Samia, 7, whom he tries to shield from his R-rated act. Too late, he realizes. "The other day she said, 'My daddy sings girl songs and swears.' "
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!