Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Melissa Gorga on Teresa Giudice's Return Home from Prison: 'It's A Beautiful Thing'
- Read the Cover Story: Ryan Reynolds: Sexiest Dad Alive
- Let Evan Rachel Wood and Chris Evans Heat Up Your Valentine's Day in Their Gucci Guilty Video
- Alabama Shakes' Brittany Howard on Her Journey from Small-Town Mail Carrier to Meeting Paul McCartney and Becoming a Grammy Nominee
- American Crime Story's Keesha Sharp Reveals Key Role Johnnie Cochran's Wife Played in O.J. Simpson Trial
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- January 10, 2005
- Vol. 63
- No. 1
The SNL Comic Gets a Big Break in Fat Albert. Now If He Could Just Find An Apartment
Hey, hey, hey, you can't blame a guy for trying. And for the record, Cosby, 67, liked Thompson's act just fine. "It was wonderful," he says. When Thompson auditioned for the Nickelodeon comedy All That at age 15, producer-director Brian Robbins had the same reaction. "His timing and ability to mimic were amazing," says Robbins. Thompson, who also starred in Nick's Kenan & Kel before becoming a regular on Saturday Night Live in 2003, impressed Cosby with another trait: "He is very well-mannered." Credit his mom, Elizabeth Ann, 55, a nurse in Atlanta. (Dad Fletcher runs a local oil-change business.) "She raised me to be a southern gentleman," says her son. "To this day she keeps me in line."
One day the single actor hopes to keep his own kids in line. But for now, he'll settle for smaller goals: moving out of the spare bedroom in his cousin's Harlem apartment and into his own place—and making people laugh. "I'm a happy person, and I want everybody else to be happy," he says. "Nothing wrong with that."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!