Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,181 covers and 55,435 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Jeffrey Dean Morgan Lost 40 Lbs. by Eating a Can of Tuna a Day
- Read the Cover Story: The Duggars' Dark Secrets
- Police Dog Named Lucas Hailed as Hero for Saving Deputy's Life
- Obama 'Couldn't Agree More' with 5-Year-Old's Letter Asking for Peace, Marriage Equality
- Little Girl Expecting Baby Sister Devastated to Learn She's Getting Another Brother (Video)
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- January 10, 2005
- Vol. 63
- No. 1
The SNL Comic Gets a Big Break in Fat Albert. Now If He Could Just Find An Apartment
Hey, hey, hey, you can't blame a guy for trying. And for the record, Cosby, 67, liked Thompson's act just fine. "It was wonderful," he says. When Thompson auditioned for the Nickelodeon comedy All That at age 15, producer-director Brian Robbins had the same reaction. "His timing and ability to mimic were amazing," says Robbins. Thompson, who also starred in Nick's Kenan & Kel before becoming a regular on Saturday Night Live in 2003, impressed Cosby with another trait: "He is very well-mannered." Credit his mom, Elizabeth Ann, 55, a nurse in Atlanta. (Dad Fletcher runs a local oil-change business.) "She raised me to be a southern gentleman," says her son. "To this day she keeps me in line."
One day the single actor hopes to keep his own kids in line. But for now, he'll settle for smaller goals: moving out of the spare bedroom in his cousin's Harlem apartment and into his own place—and making people laugh. "I'm a happy person, and I want everybody else to be happy," he says. "Nothing wrong with that."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!