Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,172 covers and 54,888 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- The Biggest Loser Winner Is …
- Read the Cover Story: The Untold Love Story Behind American Sniper
- Suge Knight Involved in Fatal Hit-and-Run After Allegedly Getting Into Brawl on Film Set
- Amy Poehler Receives Hasty Pudding Award from Harvard
- Justin Bieber Ditches Bleached Hair Look: Are You Loving His New Shade?
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Thursday January 29, 2015 11:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- January 10, 2005
- Vol. 63
- No. 1
The SNL Comic Gets a Big Break in Fat Albert. Now If He Could Just Find An Apartment
Hey, hey, hey, you can't blame a guy for trying. And for the record, Cosby, 67, liked Thompson's act just fine. "It was wonderful," he says. When Thompson auditioned for the Nickelodeon comedy All That at age 15, producer-director Brian Robbins had the same reaction. "His timing and ability to mimic were amazing," says Robbins. Thompson, who also starred in Nick's Kenan & Kel before becoming a regular on Saturday Night Live in 2003, impressed Cosby with another trait: "He is very well-mannered." Credit his mom, Elizabeth Ann, 55, a nurse in Atlanta. (Dad Fletcher runs a local oil-change business.) "She raised me to be a southern gentleman," says her son. "To this day she keeps me in line."
One day the single actor hopes to keep his own kids in line. But for now, he'll settle for smaller goals: moving out of the spare bedroom in his cousin's Harlem apartment and into his own place—and making people laugh. "I'm a happy person, and I want everybody else to be happy," he says. "Nothing wrong with that."
January 29, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!