Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Tina Fey and Amy Poehler On Their Decades-Spanning Friendship: We're 'Found' Sisters
- Read the Cover Story: Adele’s Triumphant Return: How Love Changed Her Life
- Kyle Richards on Yolanda Foster's Health Crisis: She's 'Just Struggling to Survive'
- Sarah Palin Opens Up About Her 'Toughest Year' Yet – Including Her Cancer Scare and Getting 'Canned' by Fox News
- Nude and Shoe'd! Joan Smalls, Gigi Hadid and Lily Aldridge Go Naked in New Stuart Weitzman Campaign
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- February 07, 2005
- Vol. 63
- No. 5
Picks and Pans Review: Kenny Chesney
Sounding as if he is ready to trade in his cowboy boots for flip-flops, Kenny Chesney spends most of Be As You Are rhapsodizing about the island life. On this misguided follow-up to last year's hit When the Sun Goes Down, the country star is so obsessed with the Caribbean that he has recorded one of the dumbest songs of all time, "French Kissin' Life," on which he sings about "French kissin' life square in the mouth and sailing out on the sea." Even "She's from Boston" is about a woman who wears a Red Sox cap only to "hide her baby dreads." Trotting along dutifully in Jimmy Buffett's footsteps, Chesney adopts Buffett's feckless, loosey-goosey style so much so that one wonders why he doesn't just go ahead and cover "Margaritaville," "Jamaica Farewell" and "The Banana Boat Song." Chesney's backup band, especially Tommy White on dobro, does everything but bring in palm trees to give him a picturesque background. Pleasant backgrounds can't compensate for empty foregrounds, however. If Chesney wanted to evoke the image of someone strolling idly on a beach, he has succeeded. How musical he sounds may depend on how many margaritas you've had.
DOWNLOAD THIS: "Guitars and Tiki Bars"
- Chuck Arnold,
- Ralph Novak,
- Kwala Mandel.
December 01, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!