Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,189 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- John Krasinski and Emily Blunt Want to Give Daughter Hazel a Sibling: 'We've Got to Give Her Some Competition at Some Point'
- Read the Cover Story: Meet the American Heroes Who Stopped French Train Attack
- Sarah Palin Interviews Donald Trump as They Express Their Admiration for One Another
- Sheriff's Deputy Shot and Killed at Texas Gas Station
- Andy Samberg Predicts Bryan Cranston Will Streak at Emmys in New Promo
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- February 07, 2005
- Vol. 63
- No. 5
Picks and Pans Review: Kenny Chesney
Sounding as if he is ready to trade in his cowboy boots for flip-flops, Kenny Chesney spends most of Be As You Are rhapsodizing about the island life. On this misguided follow-up to last year's hit When the Sun Goes Down, the country star is so obsessed with the Caribbean that he has recorded one of the dumbest songs of all time, "French Kissin' Life," on which he sings about "French kissin' life square in the mouth and sailing out on the sea." Even "She's from Boston" is about a woman who wears a Red Sox cap only to "hide her baby dreads." Trotting along dutifully in Jimmy Buffett's footsteps, Chesney adopts Buffett's feckless, loosey-goosey style so much so that one wonders why he doesn't just go ahead and cover "Margaritaville," "Jamaica Farewell" and "The Banana Boat Song." Chesney's backup band, especially Tommy White on dobro, does everything but bring in palm trees to give him a picturesque background. Pleasant backgrounds can't compensate for empty foregrounds, however. If Chesney wanted to evoke the image of someone strolling idly on a beach, he has succeeded. How musical he sounds may depend on how many margaritas you've had.
DOWNLOAD THIS: "Guitars and Tiki Bars"
- Chuck Arnold,
- Ralph Novak,
- Kwala Mandel.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!