Archive Page - 08/16/13 40 years, 2,169 covers and 54,876 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Watch Maroon 5, 5SOS Pharrell & Gwen Stefani Perform at the PEOPLE Magazine Awards
- Read the Cover Story: Family and Friends Remember Robin Williams
- Kate Upton Tells Boyfriend 'You're Welcome' for Her Sexiness
- PEOPLE Magazine Awards: Watch Mindy Kaling and Chris Messina's Hot Moment! (VIDEO)
- Photo Proof That Jennifer Aniston and Jennifer Lopez Never (Ever!) Age
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Friday December 19, 2014 04:10AM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- February 07, 2005
- Vol. 63
- No. 5
Leo. Lindsay. The Olympic Torch. After Dark in New York City, It's Where Celebs Get Cozy
Between Uma's canoodling, "Beyoncé's birthday bash and P. Diddy's showing off the Olympic torch, the year-old Marquee reigns as Manhattan's hottest celeb hangout. "Our goal was to build the modern-day Studio 54," says Noah Tepperberg, 29, who, with business partner Jason Strauss, 30, carved it out of a former garbage-truck garage.
After grooving to house or hip hop, stars like Lindsay Lohan, Jessica Simpson and Leonardo DiCaprio relax in the intimate back lounge or on the glass-walled mezzanine. "It's the best setup club," says regular Paris Hilton. The leather banquettes offer another perk: "We built little drawers so you can stash your pocketbook away," says Strauss.
The night Stevie Wonder gave an impromptu performance of "Isn't She Lovely," "I said, 'We just hit the pinnacle,'" says Tepperberg, whose Marquee outpost was a celeb magnet at the Sundance Film Festival. "Then I thought, 'No way. It is going to get better.'"
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!