Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,189 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Avril Lavigne and Chad Kroeger Test Their Newlywed IQ in 2013 PEOPLE Interview
- Read the Cover Story: The Kennedy Family's Darkest Secret
- VIDEO: Are Kendra and Hank Nearing a Breaking Point? 'I'm So Tired of Trying to Fix Him,' She Admits
- VIDEO: Rebecca Romijn on the Bikini That Landed Her the Cover of Sports Illustrated
- VIDEO: Injured Train Hero Spencer Stone Arrives Back in the U.S. as Crowd Cheers
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- February 21, 2005
- Vol. 63
- No. 7
New York City Taxi Driver Ahmed Ibrahim Steers Passengers on the Road to Love
Ahmed Ibrahim is out to change that—one single passenger at a time. Ibrahim, 50, a cab driver in the city for 21 years, has been running an informal dating service out of the back of his taxi for the past 12 months. It started when a young woman named Katie got talking to him about how she couldn't find a decent date. Ibrahim offered to give her number to the next good guy he met—and a matchmaker was born. Since then, he says, he has set up more than 30 pairs of passengers. "When people get in my car they open up," says Ibrahim, who emigrated from Egypt in 1980. "I tell them my ideas about life: Don't worry so much. You need to smile."
Natalie Dillon, 33, a recent grad student, and Martin Karamon, 34, a tax attorney, are still smiling eight months after Ibrahim set them up last June. Should they eventually tie the knot, says Karamon, "there's a seat with his name on it right up in the front row."
There are rules: Daters must be over 25, looking for a soul mate and have a job. Ibrahim tapes phone numbers on a digital voice recorder and checks with women before giving their numbers to men. As for his own love life: Of course Ibrahim is dating someone. They met— where else?—in his cab.
September 04, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!