Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Is Dwayne Johnson's Character in Disney's Moana Too Fat? Polynesian Demigod Sparks Online Debate
- Read the Cover Story: Mystery in Idaho: Little Boy Lost
- Throwback: Bethenny Frankel Shows Off Her Hamptons House
- 10 Celeb-Inspired Ways to Wear Denim Shorts
- GALLERY: Demi Lovato and Nick Jonas Kick Off Their Joint Tour In Atlanta – See All the Photos
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- February 21, 2005
- Vol. 63
- No. 7
New York City Taxi Driver Ahmed Ibrahim Steers Passengers on the Road to Love
Ahmed Ibrahim is out to change that—one single passenger at a time. Ibrahim, 50, a cab driver in the city for 21 years, has been running an informal dating service out of the back of his taxi for the past 12 months. It started when a young woman named Katie got talking to him about how she couldn't find a decent date. Ibrahim offered to give her number to the next good guy he met—and a matchmaker was born. Since then, he says, he has set up more than 30 pairs of passengers. "When people get in my car they open up," says Ibrahim, who emigrated from Egypt in 1980. "I tell them my ideas about life: Don't worry so much. You need to smile."
Natalie Dillon, 33, a recent grad student, and Martin Karamon, 34, a tax attorney, are still smiling eight months after Ibrahim set them up last June. Should they eventually tie the knot, says Karamon, "there's a seat with his name on it right up in the front row."
There are rules: Daters must be over 25, looking for a soul mate and have a job. Ibrahim tapes phone numbers on a digital voice recorder and checks with women before giving their numbers to men. As for his own love life: Of course Ibrahim is dating someone. They met— where else?—in his cab.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!