Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- All the Details on Willa Ford's Boho-Chic Nursery – Plus Her Meaningful Maternity Portraits
- Read the Cover Story: The Gosselins 10 Years Later: 'So Much Has Changed'
- Even Jessica Alba Has Tattoo Regrets
- WATCH:RHONY Star Dorinda Medley Reveals The Best Way To Handle A Fight With Bethenny Frankel
- 'I Was Acting as If I Was the Victim': Nate Parker Apologizes for 'Insensitive' Response to Rape Case Controversy
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- February 28, 2005
- Vol. 63
- No. 8
The O.C.'s: Michael Cassidy
HOMETOWN: Portland, Ore.
LATEST GIG: Summer's new boyfriend Zach
•Lead on, Macduff.
As a high school junior he was cast as Macduff's son in a community theater production of Macbeth. A local critic panned the show but praised him. Cassidy says, laughing, "All my castmates were ripping me apart! You don't want to be singled out as the only person that's good."
After two years at New York's New Actors' Workshop, Cassidy went to Los Angeles in 2004 to try out for the title role in the upcoming Superman Returns. When he put on the suit, "I was absolutely terrified," he says. He didn't get the part but impressed McG, then the film's director and an executive producer of The O.C., who got him an audition as Zach.
Cassidy (who has a girlfriend) was uptight in his first kissing scene with Summer (Rachel Bilson). "I didn't get my face within six inches of hers. Rachel goes, 'Just chill out, you're going to be okay.'"
•So who's geekier?
"I think I'm a close second to Adam Brody [Summer's ex-beau Seth]. Because he actually likes comic books. I've never read one. Oh, but wait! I play golf a lot."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!