Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Kanye West's NSFW 'Famous' Music Video Features a Topless Taylor Swift Sculpture: 'Special Thanks for Being Famous'
- Read the Cover Story: Matthew McConaughey: Love, Family & What I've Learned
- It's a Girl! Audrina Patridge Welcomes Daughter Kirra Max
- Restaurant Owner Fires His Son After Customer Is Called 'Fatty' on Receipt
- Mother of Accused Slenderman Stabber Expresses Concern Over Daughter's Future After Teen's Mental Illness Stabilizes: 'With Lucidity Comes Awareness'
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- March 21, 2005
- Vol. 63
- No. 11
Playing Through Tears
Golfer Jack Nicklaus Copes with the Drowning Death of His Toddler Grandson Jake
These days the close-knit Nicklaus clan needs comfort indeed as it struggles to cope with the death of Jake Walter Nicklaus, one of the youngest of Jack's 17 grandchildren. (Jake's parents are Steve Nicklaus, 41, a golf course designer who often caddies for his father, and his wife, Krista, 35, a jewelry-store owner who is currently 3½ months pregnant.) Live-in nanny Caroline Brickweg, 25, told police she had brought Jake and his brother Steve Jr., 4½, into their house after all three of them had played in the hot tub. But as she was getting dressed, she realized Jake was gone. Finding the sliding patio door of the North Palm Beach home open, she rushed to the tub, where she discovered Jake face down. "Oh my God, I had a baby fall into the hot tub, and he's not breathing!" she frantically told the 911 operator. Though Brickweg administered CPR and an ambulance arrived within five minutes, Jake was pronounced dead at the hospital. The hot tub had the required fencing around it, but one panel was open. No charges are expected against Brickweg, a young woman from Nicklaus's home state of Ohio who had been working for the family since November.
"I think with what's happened to us in our family, my time is going to be spent in much different ways," Nicklaus said on the eve of the Player event. "[Family is] the most important thing right now. And I think it will be the most important thing for a long time."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!