Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,187 covers and 55,435 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- 16-Year-Old Cancer Patient Who Always Gives Back to Others Is Asking for Cards for His Birthday: 'It Makes Me Feel Special'
- Read the Cover Story: The Bachelorette's Kaitlyn and Shawn 'It Was Love At First Sight!'
- Bob and Cortney Novogratz Blog: Our Moving Tips That Will Make Your Life as Stress-Free as Possible
- Escaped Inmate Captured After Allegedly Killing Pennsylvania Woman
- Gisele Bündchen Allegedly Steps Out Wearing a Burqa to Conceal Identity
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- March 28, 2005
- Vol. 63
- No. 12
Atop the Eiffel Tower, Singer Rod Stewart Proposes to His Longtime Girlfriend Penny Lancaster
After five and a half years of dating—the couple started their romance after Stewart's separation from his second wife, Rachel Hunter—Lancaster says she had "accepted that we wouldn't get married. But in the back of my mind and at the bottom of my heart it was my dream for the man I love to ask me." Unbeknownst to the ever-patient Lancaster, Stewart—who has two kids with first wife Alana Hamilton, two with Hunter and one with ex-girlfriend Kelly Emberg—had decided to make that dream come true long ago. "The last six months have been the best time in my life," the singer says. "My album debuting at No. 1, my birthday spent with my family and finally my first Grammy. But all along, I was planning what was going to top everything—asking my girlfriend to marry me."
With Stewart's divorce from Hunter soon to be finalized, the couple plan to wed later this year. But the celebrations have already begun. The pair hosted a party and a boat cruise for friends and family on March 12 in London. "Both of them looked fabulous," says a guest. "They were kissing and cuddling...Penny looked absolutely stunning, and you could tell she was overjoyed." As was her future husband. "Knowing how much I am in love with her," says Stewart, "I could not be in a happier place than I am right now."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!