Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,189 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- SCOOP: Joseph Gordon-Levitt on His Terrifying Tightrope Movie The Walk: 'You Can't Focus on "What If I Fall?"' (VIDEO)
- Read the Cover Story: The Kennedy Family's Darkest Secret
- VIDEO: Some of Anna Duggar's Family 'Would Really Like Josh to Just Disappear,' Says Source
- Surprise! Baby on the Way for Tom Hardy and Charlotte Riley – See Her Bump
- Prosecutors Will Seek Death Penalty for Alleged Charleston Church Shooter Dylann Roof
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- April 18, 2005
- Vol. 63
- No. 15
ABC Anchorman Peter Jennings Faces the Toughest News of His Life: He Has Lung Cancer
By then, friends and colleagues around the globe were bombarding Jennings, 66, with best wishes as he prepared to begin outpatient chemo treatments in New York City this week. "I'm heartbroken, but he's also a tough guy," said recently retired Tom Brokaw, who assumed the NBC anchor post the same night Jennings secured his solo anchor duties in 1983. CNN's Aaron Brown, a former ABC colleague, says that Jennings will lean most heavily on his two children, Elizabeth, 25, and Christopher, 22, and his fourth wife, ABC producer Kayce Freed, 47. "Peter relies a lot on Kayce's wisdom and strength," he says.
Jennings, who did a prime-time special about the tobacco industry in 2004, was eager to ease the worry of others. He joked in an e-mail to colleagues, "There will be good days and bad, which means that some days I may be cranky and some days really cranky!" He plans to keep working (Charles Gibson and Elizabeth Vargas will fill in on an as-needed basis) and seems determined to put his illness in perspective. "Almost 10 million Americans are already living with cancer," he told viewers. "I have a lot to learn from them."
September 03, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!