Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,180 covers and 55,277 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Outlander Recap: Claire Is Forced to Choose Between Jamie and Frank
- Read the Cover Story: Jill and Derick Dillard Share Their Baby Boy's Dramatic Arrival
- Hillary Scott on Lady Antebellum's Tour Bus Fire: It's 'Nothing Compared to What It Could Have Been'
- The Untold Story of Rock Hudson's Final Days
- Jill (Duggar) and Derick Dillard: Israel David's Birth Brought Us Closer Together
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- May 09, 2005
- Vol. 63
- No. 18
Behind the Scenes: Maria Sharapova
From Fresh-Faced to Photo-Finished, Step-by-Step
Makeup artist Maital Sabban begins creating "a pop on her eyes," using Chanel Variations eye shadow and Maybelline Great Lash mascara. A mix of pink blush and—Sharapova's fave—Chanel Sirop Glossimer completes the look.
The blow-out: Hairstylist Sher Rae uses "Kérastase Gelée de Soin volumactive spray—because Maria has fine hair—and the T3, the best blow-dryer on the market."
Next step: 45 minutes of Velcro rollers, which will provide extra volume at the roots. Then Sharapova selects her dress-a gold backless gown by Doo Ri that shows off her shoulders.
Emerging from her dressing room, she is ready for the final hairstyling step: smoothing and sealing with a curling iron.
Almost perfect. Sabban applies bronze shimmer lotion and M.A.C translucent powder for the ultimate "natural look. We just kind of enhance," she explains.
Voilà! A striking, sexy vision—in just under three hours
SHARAPOVA'S VERDICT: "I felt very glamorous, very beautiful"
April 18, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!