Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,173 covers and 55,054 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Miranda Lambert, Dierks Bentley and Florida Georgia Line Lead ACM Awards Nominations
- Read the Cover Story: The Untold Love Story Behind American Sniper
- Eddie Murphy Returning to SNL for First Time in 30 Years
- 9 Painfully Awkward Celebrity Super Bowl Ads
- Stars' Real Names Revealed! You Won't Believe What Their Parents Called Them
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Friday January 30, 2015 08:10AM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- May 16, 2005
- Vol. 63
- No. 19
For Her L.A. Nuptials, Eyes Actress A.J. Langer Got Something Blue-Blooded: An English Lord
Never mind that the couple quietly wed last year in a civil ceremony so that Courtenay, 29, a lawyer, could extend his work visa. "Hearing that Charlie was marrying a Hollywood actress he met in Vegas [in 2002], well, you can imagine there were a lot of preconceived notions," says Langer, 30. So "getting our families together for a big wedding was so important to us."
Later, guests dined on mince pies filled with meat and fish, while Courtenay's old flatmate, baritone Adam Green, serenaded the newlyweds with "Some Enchanted Evening." "The words were so right. It made everyone cry," says the actress, who with her husband will someday help maintain his family's ancestral home, Powderham Castle, in Devon, England. "There's a lot to learn," says Lady Courtenay. "What a job it is to run a castle."
January 30, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!