Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,180 covers and 55,277 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Outlander Recap: Claire Is Forced to Choose Between Jamie and Frank
- Read the Cover Story: Jill and Derick Dillard Share Their Baby Boy's Dramatic Arrival
- Hillary Scott on Lady Antebellum's Tour Bus Fire: It's 'Nothing Compared to What It Could Have Been'
- The Untold Story of Rock Hudson's Final Days
- Jill (Duggar) and Derick Dillard: Israel David's Birth Brought Us Closer Together
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- June 06, 2005
- Vol. 63
- No. 22
Boys Are Stupid Gear Has Some Folks Teed Off, but Creator Todd Goldman Is Cashing in
One guy who definitely isn't is Todd Goldman, the 36-year-old entrepreneur whose company David & Goliath is behind the boy-bashing gear. Goldman says that of his Clearwater, Fla., firm's projected $100 million in sales this year, about 10 percent will come from the Boys Are Stupid products. "If something comes to me and I think it's funny," he says, "I'll do it, without crossing the line." But critics contend that Goldman has crossed the line. "This is something very harmful and disrespectful to our boys," says Glenn Sacks, 41, a Los Angeles-based radio talk show host who last year led a campaign that convinced several large chains, accounting for more than 1,000 retail locations, to stop selling the Boys Are Stupid items. "I've heard from many boys and their families who feel this is very hurtful." Carri Venable, 41, a Seattle mother of a 2-year-old boy, agrees. "If there was a 'Girls Are Stupid, Throw Rocks at Them' line," she says, "imagine the outcry."
Goldman thinks his critics ought to lighten up. "It's all in fun," he says. "And I didn't start this. When Lucy pulled the football away from Charlie Brown, was that degrading to boys?"
April 18, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!