Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Hungry Girl: Grill Up My Healthy Hot Wings For Memorial Day
- Read the Cover Story: Steve Harvey: From Homeless to Having It All
- The Hottest Jewelry Find of the Season? These Ring Cuffs!
- Kim's Kouture Hacks! Kim Kardashian Reveals She Dyed Her Cannes Dress with Tea Bags
- Amber Heard Smiles and Gets Support from a Friend in First Public Outing Since Court Appearance Over Johnny Depp Abuse Allegations
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- June 06, 2005
- Vol. 63
- No. 22
Found Alive! The Miracle Child
An 8-Year-Old Girl Was Assaulted and Left for Dead. But Then An Officer Saw Her Finger Move. "I Thought My Eyes Were Playing Tricks on Me."
The officers began lifting the blocks off the girl, who had been stuffed head first into the bin. Even before paramedics arrived, she was alert enough to tell officers: "M.J....choked me and threw me in the Dumpster. He threw rocks on me and tried to kill me." Police say "M.J." was Milagro Cunningham, 17, a high school dropout living at the house of a friend whose mother is the little girl's godmother. He had reported the child missing before 4 a.m., saying several white men kidnapped her from the home. Police, however, say he took the girl to the landfill two blocks away and assaulted her before shoving her in the bin. "He left her in there pretty much to bake to death," says Hall.
The girl remains hospitalized but is in good condition. "We went from crying to laughing to hugging" says Joy Gardner, 17, the girl's cousin. "We were crying tears of joy." Cunningham, though, faces charges of attempted murder, sexual battery on a child under 12 and false imprisonment of a child under 13. Remembering Jessica Lunsford and Sarah Lunde, two other Florida girls who were abducted and murdered earlier this year, Hall says: "After all that's gone on lately, we finally won one."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!