Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,180 covers and 55,277 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Eric Paslay Marries Natalie Harker
- The Style Top 5: Gigi Hadid Shares Her Beauty Don'ts, Blake Lively's Million Dollar Style Week and More
- Suki Waterhouse and James Marsden Grab Dinner Together in LA
- Controversial Artist Debuts New Painting of Pregnant Princess Kate Outside St. Mary's Hospital (PHOTO)
- Soleil Moon Frye: Mila and Ashton's Daughter Is 'Absolutely Beautiful'
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- June 06, 2005
- Vol. 63
- No. 22
Hollywood Is All Aglow Over Harry Slatkin's Scented Candles
Celebrities have been like moths to the flame after Slatkin, at the urging of his designer friend Vera Wang, launched Slatkin & Co. in '92 with his wife, Laura, 46. His products, available at Neiman Marcus and soon to be sold in Bath & Body Works and Victoria's Secret, have attracted clients like Princess Diana and Oprah Winfrey. And he created a line of Kabbalah candles for the likes of Madonna and Demi Moore. Says John, who hired Slatkin to produce candles for his AIDS Foundation: "Harry has a real eye for detail."
But many know him more for his heart. Eighteen months after their now-5-year-old twins, David and Ali, were born, the Slatkins learned that David was severely autistic and unable to talk. They have since poured their energy—and thousands of dollars—into autism efforts. In '02 they launched the New York Center for Autism, a foundation promoting education, research and support. In April they won approval for a New York City charter school for autistic kids, which they hope to open this fall. But Slatkin looks to David for a bigger success: "I just want to hear one word," he says." 'Daddy.' "
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!