Archive Page - 08/16/13 40 years, 2,168 covers and 54,870 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Gone With the Wind Turns 75 (PHOTOS)
- Read the Cover Story: Family and Friends Remember Robin Williams
- Nick Jonas Surprises Fans at FAO Schwarz with a Casual Performance of Jealous on the Big Piano
- FROM TIME: Thinking About a Trip to Cuba? 5 Things You Should Know
- Elizabeth Olsen Chops Off Her Hair; the Year of the Bob Continues
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Thursday December 18, 2014 02:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- June 06, 2005
- Vol. 63
- No. 22
Racing's Danica Patrick
Girly Girl Patrick Breaks Into the Tough as Nails World of Racing
•Fast track: At 16, Patrick moved to London to race on the Formula Vauxhall circuit. "It's the equivalent of automotive gang warfare," says Bobby Rahal, the Indy champ who was so impressed by her driving there that in June '02 he signed her to the high-octane team he co-owns with David Letterman. "She's a tough kid."
•Secret weapon: Her intuition, says Patrick. "When we're going 200-plus mph, I can see things happening and have time to react to them. I think that is a special gift."
•Idling: Enjoys life in the slow lane in Scottsdale, Ariz., with fiancé Paul Hospenthal, 39, a physical therapist and personal trainer. "She's kind of a TV junkie," Hospenthal says of Patrick, who also enjoys barbecuing and working out (see box). "But you won't see her watching much racing."
•Caution flag: Don't be fooled by the pink nail polish. "Danica shakes your hand and, crunch, it's like a truck driver," says Rahal. "That's the yin and yang of Danica. The exterior is nice and pretty—and underneath she is as tough as steel."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!