Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Utah Woman Doctors Said Was Infertile Gives Birth Hours After Learning She Was Pregnant: 'It's a Miracle,' Husband Says
- Read the Cover Story: The Gosselins 10 Years Later: 'So Much Has Changed'
- What Selena Gomez Has Said About Dealing with Her Health in the Public Eye
- Miley Cyrus' Homeless Date from the 2014 VMAs is Selling His Moonman Statuette on eBay
- Harry Connick Jr. Says His New Daytime Show Is ‘A Completely Different World’ from American Idol
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- June 06, 2005
- Vol. 63
- No. 22
Racing's Danica Patrick
Girly Girl Patrick Breaks Into the Tough as Nails World of Racing
•Fast track: At 16, Patrick moved to London to race on the Formula Vauxhall circuit. "It's the equivalent of automotive gang warfare," says Bobby Rahal, the Indy champ who was so impressed by her driving there that in June '02 he signed her to the high-octane team he co-owns with David Letterman. "She's a tough kid."
•Secret weapon: Her intuition, says Patrick. "When we're going 200-plus mph, I can see things happening and have time to react to them. I think that is a special gift."
•Idling: Enjoys life in the slow lane in Scottsdale, Ariz., with fiancé Paul Hospenthal, 39, a physical therapist and personal trainer. "She's kind of a TV junkie," Hospenthal says of Patrick, who also enjoys barbecuing and working out (see box). "But you won't see her watching much racing."
•Caution flag: Don't be fooled by the pink nail polish. "Danica shakes your hand and, crunch, it's like a truck driver," says Rahal. "That's the yin and yang of Danica. The exterior is nice and pretty—and underneath she is as tough as steel."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!